Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stlpipeman

How to get your Ford 999 report/options report!

how else are they going to send it to you?

Doh, that's true, I also thought they would just email the report In a PDF file If they had no address to send It to.

:001_smile:

I got mine today and it was either wrong or i got a factory screw up. my vin was 9TO2M1XXXXX .

9-model year

T-metuchen

02-mustang fastback

M- 390" 4bll everything i have says it m was a 351 4bll so i'm pretty sure somebody screwed up on this one

I'll make a copy asap and post it for ya

I got mine today and it was either wrong or i got a factory screw up. my vin was 9TO2M1XXXXX .

9-model year

T-metuchen

02-mustang fastback

M- 390" 4bll everything i have says it m was a 351 4bll so i'm pretty sure somebody screwed up on this one

I'll make a copy asap and post it for ya

yeah the M code is a 351 4v engine. the next steup up would be the S code 390 4v so i'm sure whomever typed up the report was looking down the page one line.

just got mine today the Eng code H has (2Valve) 351 cid 8-cylinder Engine whats with the 2 valve or do they mean 2bbl. and it came with a 4-speed manual shift transmission (wide ratio) 2.78 1st gear

i got mine today, it only took a couple of weeks.

Lime Gold exterior

Ivy gold interior trim color

vinyl interior trim scheme

bucket seats

GT Performance Group

aut trans FMX type

2.75 rear axle ratio, which is wrong it's really a 3.00

visibility light group

F70-14 Belted WSW tires

Console

Power steering

Manual Air Conditioning (manual ac?, did they have power AC? LOL)

Am radio (guess the am/8 track was installed at the dealer, don't have it anymore anyway)

Rear seat speakers

Tinted Glass

oh and of course it was the M-code 351-4v and was assembled at dearborn

just got mine today the Eng code H has (2Valve) 351 cid 8-cylinder Engine whats with the 2 valve or do they mean 2bbl. and it came with a 4-speed manual shift transmission (wide ratio) 2.78 1st gear

The report probably read 2V for venturi (aka barrel in a carburetor), and whoever typed it up assumed it meant valve.

Manual Air Conditioning
I think this is when you roll both windows down and go over 40 mph.

The report probably read 2V for venturi (aka barrel in a carburetor), and whoever typed it up assumed it meant valve.

Manual Air Conditioning
I think this is when you roll both windows down and go over 40 mph.

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago for my 85 GT. Use the link in 66stangs post above, go to the bottom (very small print) it says contact Ford. Click that and then scroll down to where it says e-mail us about vehicles and services, click "Ford", then in the drop-down menu pick "other" and you don't have to add a VIN. Ask them for info on how to get a 999 report and they will send you a e-mail requesting your info.

Got my report today - more like a letter actually. Thanks to all who explained how to get it. Nothing on there that wasn't on the Marti report. In fact there was one huge error, the Ford report claims my car came with a 460-4V !!! (Talk about a rare car! Woo-hoo!)

I too found them to be responsive, if a bit less than I expected. I ordered my report, only to receive word weeks later that my VIN was incorrect. This despite the VIN being clearly read from both dash and door tags. I racked my brain about what could be the reason (thinking - stolen car?). Then they called to say it was their clerical error. Still don't have the report, but I'm sure they will send it soon.

I will say this, despite that small and forgivable error. I asked the Ford Research dept. my question about what options could be dealer-instaleld in 1969, and they pointed me toward two different research services (one the Henry Ford Musueum). So I thought that was helpful.

I received mine awhile back and it took a few weeks. And I was surprised to find according to this report that my rearend gears were different than what I had in it now and that the original tag on it was incorrect or the po changed rear ends or something. It seems to be a good piece of paper to have and may make you ponder about your stang.

Just got my 999 report today took about 2 weeks so many options my car had that i never would of know about! 3 speed manual 2.75 gears all tinted windows power steering a/c dual hand remote mirrors. Who would know!

I just tried to get my 999 report & when I fill out the info section in the e-mail them section it keeps telling me the VIN# I entered is not valid following the info posted in the how to section here. I even made sure I put the periods at the end of the VIN#. HELP! :confused1: