Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stlpipeman

How to get your Ford 999 report/options report!

Right now I'm going crazy with it. I got a new solid cam, forged piston motor with a nitrous hit. The car's got a ton done to it, everything from a new 4.11 posi rear to the ported intake and heads. I'm in the middle of putting new springs on the rear, as well as a rear sway. This winter I'll be putting a nice new C4 in it with a 4500 stall 9 inch converter. After that I'll either go stock paint or go with a nice red/black scheme.

A daily driven, 11 second '70 coupe.... with A/C :) [[just have to finish putting the A/c back together :( ]]

I recieved mine today. I applied on the internet using the supplied directions, Ford called saying it might take up to 8 weeks since it was a older car. Interesting report with riveted brakes?,Aztec Aqua color"Yuck", tinted glass, am radio, power steering, and full wheel covers.

I recieved mine today. I applied on the internet using the supplied directions, Ford called saying it might take up to 8 weeks since it was a older car. Interesting report with riveted brakes?,Aztec Aqua color"Yuck", tinted glass, am radio, power steering, and full wheel covers.

riveted brakes? never heard of that one. probably something the dealer ordered that wasn't even an available option, in other words it was probably standard equipment.

Just got my report emailed to me. I guess they sent one out in the mail as well but I also got this .pdf in my email.

Its nice to have the facts straight from Ford even though I pretty much already knew what options it came with. Heres a cutout of the email.

buildsheet.jpg

Figured it would be smart not to post the whole vin.

Wow. My 999 says my coupe was produced 2 days later....in Jersey. Now that we're all together, has anyone considered doing a little 'reverse engineering' of the database so we can look up what exactly happened, when?

For example, I'm still trying to figure out how my 302 'f' code coupe wound up with a Mach 1 stripe, and came out of New Jersey. (Metuchen is where Shelby's were from, no?)

btw, 69GT publishing the entire VIN only adds to your Net Fame.

Wow. My 999 says my coupe was produced 2 days later....in Jersey. Now that we're all together, has anyone considered doing a little 'reverse engineering' of the database so we can look up what exactly happened, when?

For example, I'm still trying to figure out how my 302 'f' code coupe wound up with a Mach 1 stripe, and came out of New Jersey. (Metuchen is where Shelby's were from, no?)

btw, 69GT publishing the entire VIN only adds to your Net Fame.

A deluxe marti report will provide all those missing blanks from the 999 report, no need to reverse engineer it.

For any individual Pony, yes, the Marti Report is the best source. My proposal is that this enthusiast site can provide a better look at what happened in general for the 68-71 period. (My 69 Coupe has a 68 VIN, for example.) What I've (not) found on the web is clear, concise information on what options were available when. A Marti could help me on this one car I have, but what happens when I go to get the next one? Say I found a car somewhere between 69GT's and my own....could we 'rig up' a database as to see what kinds of cars were available, how many are currently surviving, etc...?

For any individual Pony, yes, the Marti Report is the best source. My proposal is that this enthusiast site can provide a better look at what happened in general for the 68-71 period. (My 69 Coupe has a 68 VIN, for example.) What I've (not) found on the web is clear, concise information on what options were available when. A Marti could help me on this one car I have, but what happens when I go to get the next one? Say I found a car somewhere between 69GT's and my own....could we 'rig up' a database as to see what kinds of cars were available, how many are currently surviving, etc...?

I see what you are saying and that task would require I believe information on every single 69' currently in exisitance to have even a samll margin of accuracy, just gathering the information of everyone on this site wouldn't even get us close. Kevin marti actually has the entire database of every car Made and sold by Ford and only the database of DMV's from every state could tell us how many are currently survived just of the ones that are regsitered, not counting barn stored or museum cars and trailer queens obviously.

BTW if your car has a 68' VIN like 8F01M and does not start with a 9 then it is a car that has had an illegal VIN swap at some point so you have no way of knowing it's history with out a correct 69' VIN. There are other places on the car that you can obtain the true vin from but they are not easy to get at like the windshield vin or door plate.

Got mine in a couple of weeks.

No shockers other than I thought it was Grabber orange.. It was really calypso coral... Heck I thought that was a bluish color.. Daaa..

Mine is a 70" Sportsroof - 351 Windsor, fold down rear, tach, console, white deluxe interior, hubcaps and an FMX tranny.. I thought it was originally c4.. Hmmm..

Only 6,464 made in 1970.. Rare but not "Rare" to drive up the price....

Still, I've saved a once rust bucket from the scrap yard.

Oh something else that was pretty cool was to see it was build 8-25-69...

My car is exactly 2 months older than me.. That was pretty cool.

Thanks for the info on how to get this...

Musclford

Got mine in a couple of weeks.

No shockers other than I thought it was Grabber orange.. It was really calypso coral... Heck I thought that was a bluish color.. Daaa..

Mine is a 70" Sportsroof - 351 Windsor, fold down rear, tach, console, white deluxe interior, hubcaps and an FMX tranny.. I thought it was originally c4.. Hmmm..

Only 6,464 made in 1970.. Rare but not "Rare" to drive up the price....

Still, I've saved a once rust bucket from the scrap yard.

Oh something else that was pretty cool was to see it was build 8-25-69...

My car is exactly 2 months older than me.. That was pretty cool.

Thanks for the info on how to get this...

Musclford

grabber orange=school bus yellow

calypso coral=poppy red (red orange)

most of the "grabber colors" were in reality ford fleet colors. grabber blue was actually for garbage trucks for instance and the afore mentioned grabber orange was actually school bus yellow. i'm pretty sure grabber green was a color most often used on dump trucks also. the bright yellow from the 69 boss was actually taxi cab yellow as well. in case anyone wanted a little history lesson on the grabber colors.

grabber orange=school bus yellow

calypso coral=poppy red (red orange)

most of the "grabber colors" were in reality ford fleet colors. grabber blue was actually for garbage trucks for instance and the afore mentioned grabber orange was actually school bus yellow. i'm pretty sure grabber green was a color most often used on dump trucks also. the bright yellow from the 69 boss was actually taxi cab yellow as well. in case anyone wanted a little history lesson on the grabber colors.

thanks for this info! I put in my order thru ford for the build sheet for my "new" mustang - a '69 mach I - the response was immediate and helpful, i'm looking forward to getting the report.

with this info i can start the rebuild on my mustang, a 9R02Sxxxxxx.

what do you all think about the Marti report? I really want to get one, to know all I can about this treasure, but I can't figure out which one is right for me.

Just an update, I went ahead and ordered the Deluxe Marti Report. I must know the details of this fine machine so we can restore it to near showroom status.

Reading tons of posts from this site gave me the info I needed to decide which report to get ...... thanks!!

The deluxe is the best value for the money I think but you can't go wrong any way you go. Good luck on your restoration, be sure to document it well so we can all follow along.

I just recieved an email reply from Ford asking for additional Information from me.

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship

Center regarding a build sheet for your 1969 Ford Mustang.

We would like to assist you; however, in order to process your

request more information is needed. Please include your original

message with the following additional information to allow us to

proceed.

Address:

City:

State:

I have a question for others here on the forum, did ford ask you for your address?

:smile:

I just recieved an email reply from Ford asking for additional Information from me.

I have a question for others here on the forum, did ford ask you for your address?

:smile:

how else are they going to send it to you?