Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Protowrxs

Disc Spindles - '71 or '69?

Just looking for some input.

My Coupe is a 1969, original power disc setup. I have a set of 1971 (D1ZA) spindles I can use on the rebuild. I really thought they were from a '70 Boss car a friend parted out years ago (I have the crank, sway bars, leaf springs, and other pieces) but I guess they are not with the D1ZA casting? They also have the larger tie rod end hole. BUT they DO have the finer threads for the spindle nut. Was that standard for the 70-73? Shrugs

I am debating on using them or not and am not seeing a huge benefit for my build. The bigger bearing might be nice but the mix match would seem to be confusing in the future and for getting parts for the rebuild now.

Are there better rotor selections for one or the other? I haven't really decided on what brake setup to go back with yet.

Are there other benefits I am not aware of that would out weigh the mix match configuration?

Any input appreciated.

-Stephen

generally speaking the 70-73 rotors are cheaper than the 68-69 rotors. the bigger spindle pin is more desirable since it is a much stronger piece but for the sake of easy maintenance the 69 parts will work just fine as everything else is the same, calipers, pads, hoses etc. only the rotors and bearings are any different