Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atvdave

69 Mach 1 GT ????

long ago i had thought that the GT option could be ordered with the Mach 1 to upgrade anything on the mach that wasn't up to the same specs as the GT, such as the comp suspension and a few other bits and pieces including the GT center caps. who really knows for sure i have no idea. one question for you though does your car have the pie-cut style opening in the hood under the hood scoop? or even the completely stamped out opening in the hood? if so that could be what the GT on the buck tag is as well. for some reason those particular hoods only came on GT's and the occassional mach 1..

i believe that ford had some kind of ram air option planned for the GT that never made production. i believe it would have been similar to the 68-1/2 cj cars and the 69-70 cougar and 68-69 torino style ram air option. if your car has that style of hood that is another possible reason for the GT bucktag.

let me know if you have that hood and if possible send me some pics of the underside of the hood so i can add them to my collection. i would like to someday present this info to the MCA so they will quit telling people that they have to get a hood with no opening in it as it is incorrect and must have been cut out by a previous owner.

Look what I found on a 69 Torino GT near my home for sale. The ad says it came with a 351.

This is getting interesting - to me at least. I can't help but wonder what Ford was thinking.

Does anyone know if the Torino GTs had a ram air option in 69? I know they didn't come with shakers. My point being that if they had a ram-air option, it may be a bolt-on for the mustangs that came with that same hood.

Look what I found on a 69 Torino GT near my home for sale. The ad says it came with a 351.

This is getting interesting - to me at least. I can't help but wonder what Ford was thinking.

Does anyone know if the Torino GTs had a ram air option in 69? I know they didn't come with shakers. My point being that if they had a ram-air option, it may be a bolt on for the mustangs that came with that same hood.

The Torinos did come with ram-air. Here's a picture of a reproduction unit.