Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buckshot_07

Boss 429 scam e-bay

Check theese out and tell me what ya'll think. Two boss 429's, one's going for 8,500 buy it now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1969-BOSS-429-Buy-Now-for-8-500_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQitemZ4593297390QQrdZ1

the other's going for 16,000 buy it now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1969-Ford-Mustang-Boss-429-BUY-IT-NOW-16000USD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQitemZ4593236989QQrdZ1

I know it's a scam. I think it's stuiped e-bay lets this go on....

I saw a 69 Shelby for 8500 last week. If you report it, Ebay will shut it down. Must be too many scams for them to keep up with lately.

The sad part is some sucker may actually try to buy it...

The scam starts with the idiots that gave them their id and password in the first place. People don't read! They steal the id's through those scam emails from paypal or ebay that a security breach has occured please login here, and when they do its all over! Ebay really not the problem other than they had an online roster up at one time. Next time you see one these scams check the sellers history of what they sold in the past and you'll get an idea that the id been hijacked. The scam is to send a western union check to somewhere in russia or spain, however the hacker was is in the states. This has been going on for years. I played with one for a month or so and got em to talk to me and realized it was only one person I was dealing with. I was bored and wanted to track the whole scam. For those brave enough check out johnnyihack.com just don't open anything.

Bottom line is no one should feel bad for a sucker who lost his money. If you are the type of person shopping for quite possibly the most expensive and collectable model ever made of a production Mustang on ebay and you think you are essentially stealing it for 10% of it's actual value then I'm sorry, but you deserve to lose every penny in your pocket. And if you were the person that had their ID stolen because you did not look at and verify the hyper link of what you were clicking on prior to entering your user name and your password then tough titties. Fools and their money shall soon be parted, that is as old a lesson as time and bartering itself.

BTW next week I am going to try to use ebay to finally sell the Brooklyn Bridge so keep your eyes open, I have been the owner for over ten years now. I'm looking to use the money from the sale to buy up some waterfront property in Florida I just got an inside scoop on for real cheap. I need to act fast though as next week he has to move his van to another part of the city. If the reserve is met I will through in a free case of snake oil that my great grandfather willed to me, I dont think they make it anymore but apparently it cures what ever ails you, from hair loss to gout.

LOL pakrat you hit the nail on the head almost. To the internet "noob" for lack of a better word you do have to feel sorry for them. The just dont have the experience or knowledge of the bad guys that are out there. They just hear that ebay is a godsend, so they go searchin on ebay and find their dream car then bam, they fall for a poorly done scam. Hmm guess you are right! Use your head and dont let greed get in the way?

Sadly i actually clicked on one of those fake ebay emails. But i realized it as soon as i did it. I quickly changed my passwords etc. Had it been one of my family members or someone that was not as internet savy who knows what would have happened.

So how much for this bridge you speak of and is it in good condition?

Wow, that is a sad statistic. I know my father used to be guilty of forwarding urban legend stuff all the time until I finally convinced him to spend the extra 30 seconds verifying it before he put his name to it and spread something bogus. I guess he was exactly the type of person who might have been had by such a thing. I don't know, internet newb or not to me it's just common sense. If you wouldn't give this info out to someone that called on the phone then why do it by email? Especially when it's an email that if you tried to reply to you couldn't.

I can't believe that with today's technology they can't track and brutally punish all these idiots almost instantly. I personally have a few that I'd like to see tar and feathered. $150 bucks later and my penis hasn't grown a single fraction of an inch! :mad: I'll never break past the 9" mark. :confused: :p

BTW next week I am going to try to use ebay to finally sell the Brooklyn Bridge so keep your eyes open, I have been the owner for over ten years now. I'm looking to use the money from the sale to buy up some waterfront property in Florida I just got an inside scoop on for real cheap. I need to act fast though as next week he has to move his van to another part of the city. If the reserve is met I will through in a free case of snake oil that my great grandfather willed to me, I dont think they make it anymore but apparently it cures what ever ails you, from hair loss to gout.

I was thinking about putting ebay up for sale on ebay...

Wow, that is a sad statistic. I know my father used to be guilty of forwarding urban legend stuff all the time until I finally convinced him to spend the extra 30 seconds verifying it before he put his name to it and spread something bogus. I guess he was exactly the type of person who might have been had by such a thing. I don't know, internet newb or not to me it's just common sense. If you wouldn't give this info out to someone that called on the phone then why do it by email? Especially when it's an email that if you tried to reply to you couldn't.

I can't believe that with today's technology they can't track and brutally punish all these idiots almost instantly. I personally have a few that I'd like to see tar and feathered. $150 bucks later and my penis hasn't grown a single fraction of an inch! :mad: I'll never break past the 9" mark. :confused: :p

LOL! mm's maybe....

And hertz thats a great idea i think you should try it then link us to it. Although i doubt it would last very long :)