Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbiedog

Sunday could be the big day

Finally we might get the 302 Restomod running tomorrow! :eek: We got it to crank on Thursday night, all systems are go. This project has gone on WAY too long, but there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel, and the tunnel is much shorter now.

We replaced EVERYTHING under the hood of this car with all new stuff, and I mean EVERYTHING. I will update the photos next week.....but until then, I can't WAIT to hear this monster growl.

Now, I'm not saying it's drivable now, but at least we can get it to the paint shop, and then about 5 weeks later start putting the finishing touches on it (which will probably take a month). Finally it looks like it will happen.....

Here's the link to the old photos:

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/302-Stroker-Restomod

I know what you mean by it taking way longer then expected. I figured I'd have mine running by late september, but while stripping parts off I decided to strip off a few extra ones, then a few more and then a few more. Then a buddy talked me into powdercoating my fuel tank, lower control arms, etc. That was supposed to be finished earlier this week but the new date is sometime next week, hopefully I can get them installed friday or saturday otherwise it will be early Dec. because of thanksgiving and family. My new timeline of running by xmas is pretty much out the window as well, shooting for my wifes birthday in Feb now.

I know how that goes stangme I started this project as a simple H/C/I swap and hoped to be done through Nov-Jan last year. It has been a year and I am now finally at the finish line getting ready to drive her. And guess what the first years snow decides to fall today so I don't know how much driving I will be doing after all. Anyway, Congratulations robbiedog on getting her finished up, the car is gorgeous and looks like it will run like a champ. Nothing quite like the feeling of getting a project running, I can't wait to feel the first drive.

looking forward to some good photos, video too if you can do that. With that color, you should re-enact a few scenes from Bullitt. ;-)

Finally we might get the 302 Restomod running tomorrow! :eek: We got it to crank on Thursday night, all systems are go. This project has gone on WAY too long, but there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel, and the tunnel is much shorter now.

We replaced EVERYTHING under the hood of this car with all new stuff, and I mean EVERYTHING. I will update the photos next week.....but until then, I can't WAIT to hear this monster growl.

Now, I'm not saying it's drivable now, but at least we can get it to the paint shop, and then about 5 weeks later start putting the finishing touches on it (which will probably take a month). Finally it looks like it will happen.....

Here's the link to the old photos:

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/302-Stroker-Restomod