Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave_Mustang_50

351 C 4v vs 2v?

I`ve got a 2v engine in my Mach and will be getting it rebuilt in a year or so. I was thinking of getting 4v closed chamber heads. Are there any differences in parts i`d need other than headers and intake I would need to swap the 4v heads? Thanks for replies

What do you plan on doing with the car, racing or street? I'm not a huge expert on the C's but from what I understand the 4V heads are a much higher flow, however for street use they're a little unnecessary. You'll get more power in the high end of the rev range but you'll lose some in the low end where you want it on the streets.

I'm not trying to sway you but just be sure to expect to lose some streetability.

What do you plan on doing with the car, racing or street? I'm not a huge expert on the C's but from what I understand the 4V heads are a much higher flow, however for street use they're a little unnecessary. You'll get more power in the high end of the rev range but you'll lose some in the low end where you want it on the streets.

I'm not trying to sway you but just be sure to expect to lose some streetability.

You are correct which is why i went for the best of both worlds. The 2v aussies, i was initially going to go with 4v OC's for some reason. To be continued on whether this was a good idea or not