Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkBuddha

Wheel chop request, part Deux...

I got another request from Sean (JackBurton) for a quicky wheel 'chop, so here it is...

New 17" '05 Mustang GTs:

wheelchopcopy3ki.th.jpg

I think they look darn nice. Ya'll know I'm a huge fan of machined aluminum wheels, and these are pretty unique in terms of design. The question is: What kind of backspacing do they have and can you get them to fit?

Oh, and Sean, I just nicked this pic off the web since it was similar to yours but more "finished". If you've got another body color, just let me know and I can probably change it.

Hope it helps with your project. :)

Thank you for the work on the photo. I would assume the backspacing is similar to the 16" wheels on the stock 05 mustang. Does anybody on the site know for sure? Other than backspacing what other info would I need to find out to make these wheels fit?

I would love to get those wheels to work on my mustang. Did a little shopping on ebay and they seem to be going for about

$500 bucks for a set of 4.

I actually think the V6 wheels are only 7" in width (though I might be wrong) and the GT wheels are 8" wide. I also know that '05 bullitt style GT 17x8 wheels have 6.3" backspacing (which is half an inch deeper than the pre '05 bullitt wheels which were 5.72" backspacing for the 17x8). With that in mind, popular thought is that the 5.72" wheels required 1" spacers, which means the 6.3" wheels should theoretically need a 1.5" spacers.

That said, the only real way to know is to get the backspacing measurements for the wheels from either Ford or whoever is selling them and then measure your car's backspacing requirements, and do the math to verify the wheels will fit.

No easy answer right now... :(

my wife has these on her 05 now, and I plan on trying them on our 69 just to see what they look like, hopefully will be able to do that next weekend or the one after. I know they have a "45mm offset", but I failed metrics in school. When I try them I will be happy to check the required spacers and get back to you. I found some used ones with tires for $395 on ebay too.