Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkBuddha

A chop for a VMF member

I got a request from a VMF member to do some simple things for his project, so I thought I'd post 'em here:

Here's the base pic... Acapulco blue, white vinyl top, lowered a bit, a little tint:

adam1base9hk.jpg

Here it is again with Magnum 500s:

adam1magnums3vk.jpg

Hopefully the owner will post about his project and his plans... :)

Actually, the original wheels are 14's. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to stick with that same kind of wheel or use the Magnums, but I cannot seem to find any repros of the current wheels. Thanks for the chops, they look awesome! I'm sure I'll have a few more ideas for you to try out. Also, feel free to try out any paint color, wheel choice, and vinyl top that you might think looks good. One thing though, I don't think I'll be going any bigger than 16" wheels, and I AM keeping a vinyl top.

Thanks again,

Adam

hey now thats nice. I saw a really well done 2005 gt in yellow with a fake flat black scoop and even the wing looked good, yeh pakrat thats right the wing looked good. Rims looked just right and were chrome. I couldnt see what they were in passing. Yellows not my color but looks good in the photochop and on the 05 mustang.

add some shelby scoops and decklid, and end the stripes at the scoops and you'll have a 69 california special. that's pretty much the exact look i'm going for with my car except of course for the color and the stripes, and since it's already a GT a GT/CS isn't too much of a stretch

add some shelby scoops and decklid, and end the stripes at the scoops and you'll have a 69 california special. that's pretty much the exact look i'm going for with my car except of course for the color and the stripes, and since it's already a GT a GT/CS isn't too much of a stretch

I modified the stock side scoop for this one by flipping it around and hollowing it, but how's the rest of it for you?

bnickelversion2ay.jpg

Wow! I'm very impressed with that last one. I like the way that the scoops are done (they way they should be. Why are they backwards on a '69 anyway?) and I also like the stripes and "fin" i guess you could call it on the trunk lid. So is this what a GT/CS looks like? Either way, I like it a lot. Keep 'em coming if you have any more ideas. I'd like this car to look as nice as possible.

As requested, a couple more... BTW Adam, the rear spoiler I simulated here is readily available from several suppliers including MaierRacing.com (who has 'em for $400). Anyway, here you go:

Similar to the one I did for Bryan above:

adam1magnum16sblueblack7ic.th.jpg

And here is the one in black and white:

adam1magnum16sblackwhite4rz.th.jpg

Hope they help with your planning.

Ford never made a GT/CS in 69, but if they did that is what we think it may have looked like

Yes, that does look sweet. I have always liked the CS look (I missed out on a 68 CS as a kid and guess I've never gotten over it.. lol) and plan on eventually dropping that type of spoilered deck lid/end caps on my old coupe.

Nice job and nice look.

-Stephen

I am going to have Mach-1 front & rear spoilers on my Coupe, a Mach-1 hood scoop, & get rid of the stock air scoops in front of the rear wheels in favor of shelby brake scoops. Also black out the hood like they did on the Mach-1's.