Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Voting is closed on build

The build will be completed however 69gt choses to have his car built, virtually anyway. This due to lack of voting :) If you have any ideas on how to revise the build or how it should be done in the future post here.

ok guys we have decided that 69GT's car will be painted probably gulfstream aqua. for wheels probably gonna be 17" torq-thrusts but we can change that any time really. i would like to see the gulfstream aqua witrh the mach 1 blackout style hood but maybe in a flat dark charcoal gray color just to see what it would look like.

DB, do you think you can do a photoshop of this combo?

:D I am actually taking an Auto body and Auto paint class right now at school. Maybe by December I will be ready to paint my car in our heated down-draft paint booth :shock:

At first I was thinking of sticking with the original Acapulco Blue, but then I saw some 69s with Gulfstream Aqua and I really like that color. A few of the assignments call for us to mix our own custom colors so I guess ill spray some of both and see which one I like more. :)

ps. Im going to put the mach 1 blackout hood scheme on it reguardless of which color I choose.

yeah i think a little grayer more towards a silver color. i've just always had this idea that doing a dark colored car with the blackout done in a flat silver would look absolutely awesome, and certain blues and greens as well.

Here's one that's more silver/gray. I also made the "blackout" section smaller and put a pinstripe around it to satisfy the "correctness" folks.

69mustanggrayhood9qs.jpg

well maybe not so much on this color but i bet that would look wicked on a black car. it still looks pretty decent on this though, it blends a little more and is less Bold

I like it both ways actually, but I think the black and silver thing is already overdone a bit...

69mustangblackgray7dy.jpg

Well, I just got done painting a fender in my auto painting class (with downdraft booth, gotta rub it in) and its close to how I think would like mine to look. This is a metalic and in the end I dont think I want it to be metalic but well see. I want to end up painting it to look like the first picture but this is just a first step :D This fender has been color sanded and buffed so its looking as good as it ever will. What do you guys think?

69-F.jpg

DSC03796.jpg

DSC03798.jpg