Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70vert

POST UGLY '69-70s HERE!

Here's one I just picked up for parts. Someone took a real Grande and added fake Mach I stuff.

It's actually a goldmine for me as it has all the parts I'm missing for my 70 coupe project. It even has the Mach I tag on the dash clock trim

i absoluetly can not understand why anyone would want to shop the top on a Mustang!!! chopping it off completely to make fauxvertible i can see but not a lead sled style chopped top, totally screws up the lines of the car, not like on an old Merc where it actually enhances the lines.

I'm not even sure what year this car is or what it is trying to be but it looks like a collection of parts from the whole classic run and some Mercedes too.:stuart:

GullWing_375.jpg

well, i actually kinda liked that car. at least when it's all buttoned up it looks pretty much like a regular mustang with some shelby 'glass. would i do that to my car? HELL NO, but the quality of the work on this car is incredible and it looks fairly normal until you open everything up.

Well there is no question that this is just plain ugly.

mustang_vrak.jpg

i'm just trying to figure out if someone was really pissed at the owner and ran over the car a bunch of times with their tractor or if the car got wrecked and landed there after flipping a couple dozen times

Double post but here is some text I found in regard to the incident:

David Drummond:

"There were two cars in the garage of the home, a late model Ford Taurus (14k miles on it) and a mint condition 1969 Mach I Mustang. Allen told us that he had wanted one all his life and finally had sold a portion of their farm to realize his life dream of getting one. He only had liablity insurance on the Mustang. Both cars wound up in the field MANY yards SE of the home. I walked this out from the garage to the car today at roughly 275 yards where it came to rest. Also could not see any sign that it had been rolled or drug along the ground, in fact it appeared to have just been "dropped" in place. I am certainly no expert at damage surveys but that is what it looked like to the 4 of use that were out looking at this. Doesn't the car alone qualify this for an F5?"

is it just me or does something there on the right side of the pic look like something was photoshopped out of the pic, or maybe into the pic? right next to the door and under the 1/4 panel there is a circular looking distortion to the pic.

is it just me or does something there on the right side of the pic look like something was photoshopped out of the pic, or maybe into the pic? right next to the door and under the 1/4 panel there is a circular looking distortion to the pic.

Hmm.. Crop Circles??

Actually it looks like it could be the wheel well to me.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have seen the headlights doubled up on in the past but tripled up on, yikes! The only way to make it worse would be if instead of sequentials it went back and forth like Knight Rider or a Cylon or something.

I feel ya, but that is just too much for me! If you haven't, you should check this out: http://www.jmooneyham.com/1969-ford-mustang-mach-one-essence-supercar.html . It's the kind of thing I always wanted to do.

yeah, i've read every story on that site, funny stuff. too bad that very little of it is true, though i'm sure there is alot of true stuff but most of it's not.

of course i would add some fender flares similar to what you'd see on a late 60's or early 70's TA mustang, blend the whole thing in instead of having the artificial body line created by the side skirts and redo the rear piece extensively. the front is pretty cool as is but still needs to be blended in. the rear "bumper" piece needs some reworking to better resemble a stock bumper at the ends under the 1/4 extensions and needs to be flat on teh 1/4 panels instead of wrapping all the way around to the wheelwells. basically, i would cut off everything above the factory rockers on the sides and above the bottom edge of the 1/4 in the rear. oh and get rid of the hood scoop and just use the factory mach 1/GT scoop, a shaker scoop or a cougar eliminator scoop and replace the rear wing with either the factory mach 1 wing or add the shelby style decklid with the taller ducktail spoiler.