Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70vert

POST UGLY '69-70s HERE!

Sorry if this is a repost

1969%20Ford%20Mustang%20Mach-1.jpg

Oh man, that bites. This hits way too close to home for me.:pinch: Looks like it was a cool car too, interesting 65'ish exhaust exit going on there.

You know it's funny but over this last week as I have been finally zeroing in on my cars completion my excitement has suddenly been turning into anxiety at the thought of getting back on the road. I honestly don't know if I could take going thru this again and there are so many bad drivers out there. I have no intentions of owning a trailer queen (unless I was like 70, unable to drive and still in love with these cars) so the only alternative would be to give up really.

(apologies to ricers out there, at least your air dams are appropriate to the car)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280016045654&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:2

this has a lot wrong with it. The front air dam, the side ground effects, the c-stripe-plus-something-else. More appropriate to Hot Wheels. Pic attached for after they take down the eBay auction.

on the smashed-up Mach, I wonder if his gas tank was affected? I would make REAL sure to check it out completely before driving it like that. We all know about the famous weakness of the Mustang gas tank design. If you ever get rearended, check it out THOROUGHLY.

Oh man, that bites. This hits way too close to home for me.:pinch: Looks like it was a cool car too, interesting 65'ish exhaust exit going on there.

You know it's funny but over this last week as I have been finally zeroing in on my cars completion my excitement has suddenly been turning into anxiety at the thought of getting back on the road. I honestly don't know if I could take going thru this again and there are so many bad drivers out there. I have no intentions of owning a trailer queen (unless I was like 70, unable to drive and still in love with these cars) so the only alternative would be to give up really.

Yah, talk about hitting close to home...I was almost rear-ended for the 3rd time in as many months tonight. LED tail-lights are my next purchase.

I bet he didn't have them, either. :blink:

(apologies to ricers out there, at least your air dams are appropriate to the car)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280016045654&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:2

this has a lot wrong with it. The front air dam, the side ground effects, the c-stripe-plus-something-else. More appropriate to Hot Wheels. Pic attached for after they take down the eBay auction.

wow this car has made it into 3 different threads now.

Yeah actually Nitrous's car just has the deluxe grande grill, that chrome look is stock just not common and it's only on the front surface. I have been messing with some ideas as well to slightly mod mine. I would like to know if the Shelby grille could be modded too, I'm sure anything can be but I don't feel like spending the money on one to find out and maybe fail.

I'm still not sure if the grill is stock or if it was modified by the previous owner. If you look at it up close, it looks like someone put chrome door edge guard stuff over the horizontal grill bars. I wish there was some sort of a billet replacement tho as it's starting to flake off and needs to be replaced.

How did your experiments go?

I'm still not sure if the grill is stock or if it was modified by the previous owner. If you look at it up close, it looks like someone put chrome door edge guard stuff over the horizontal grill bars. I wish there was some sort of a billet replacement tho as it's starting to flake off and needs to be replaced.

How did your experiments go?

LOL, let me guess, you did a search for nitrous and discovered we were including you for over a year before you joined.

Still playing around with it. It kinda fell down on the list of things to do as I'm still not back on the road yet. I guess I never noticed yours was just the horizontal part, I always thought it was the grande style like in 69 for some reason with chrome rectangles ont he facing. Yours is basically how I hope mine will look in the end.

LOL, let me guess, you did a search for nitrous and discovered we were including you for over a year before you joined.

Still playing around with it. It kinda fell down on the list of things to do as I'm still not back on the road yet. I guess I never noticed yours was just the horizontal part, I always thought it was the grande style like in 69 for some reason with chrome rectangles ont he facing. Yours is basically how I hope mine will look in the end.

Lol.. Actually I just happened across the thread as I try to read the stickies. THEN I did a search for "nitrous" and nothing else came up :(

Well.. letme know when you do decide to play with it again.

did they actually think it looked kool or something. my god, makes me sick. the double scoop is the most stupidest thing, along with the bumper covers, chop top, and traditional ricer wing. sadly, i think someone needs to shoot that horse to stop it from suffering any longer.