Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70vert

POST UGLY '69-70s HERE!

I am always surprised when someone volunteers their own ride for the ugly car thread, LOL. At least yours is just showing it's age and ahrd life, it will be reborn, most of the cars intended to be posted here were actually made ugly and some took quite a lot of work.

Why would anybody do that? It makes no sense! That stripe is ugly! And the chop job doesn't help either!:shit: lol

Unbelivable!

I felt the same way, how do you even head down the path of saying let's make a 2 seater out of it but we don't want to shorten the wheel base becasue that would be too much work so instead lets move the entire firewall back a foot or so and double the size of the cowl, then we can fit an inline 10 cyl engine if anyone ever makes one. The amount of money and hard work it must have took to make one of the nicest looking Mustangs one of the most hideous freaks possible is just mind boggling.

I am always surprised when someone volunteers their own ride for the ugly car thread, LOL. At least yours is just showing it's age and ahrd life, it will be reborn, most of the cars intended to be posted here were actually made ugly and some took quite a lot of work.
Yeah I know lots of these owner need to be slapped lol. Car looks worse than it actually is. Interior is shot. But all the sheetmetal in good shape without bondo except floors. Someone sprayed that primer to keep rust in check. Gas tank was shot so bought a new stainless one. Passenger light bucket was pushed back and fender got pushed also. But really good shape. Just picked it up a few weeks ago. Gonna be a nice winter project. I took off the trailer hitch already lol

The car above -- just cant get off this thread. It has had so many appearances it almost deserves to be in the "Hall of Shame" all by itself. :tongue:

I love the fact the descriptions says they have had the car for years and only move it around the lot so it would need brakes/tires inspected. In my mind, if it has been a "lot princess" that long it needs to be retired to a barn. Let several years of dust and bird droppings build up and then take out -- maybe like a fine wine it will get better with age.

The car above -- just cant get off this thread. It has had so many appearances it almost deserves to be in the "Hall of Shame" all by itself. :tongue:

I love the fact the descriptions says they have had the car for years and only move it around the lot so it would need brakes/tires inspected. In my mind, if it has been a "lot princess" that long it needs to be retired to barn. Let several years of dust and bird droppings build up and then take out -- maybe like a fine wine it will get better with age.

That thing needs to be taken out to the woods and dealt with lol.

00X0X_8N4htUY8nhM_600x450.jpg

00303_gn1rNxOtyFo_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_fhwBmsQ4fhx_600x450.jpg

00j0j_cvBHJWfBnCs_600x450.jpg

00l0l_ahahYC2pRaY_600x450.jpg

01515_aOFGj4aSHha_600x450.jpg

00707_iO18N6gA2Fm_600x450.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4063688550.html

BEST IN SHOW WINNER 2013 DANVILLE HOT SUMMER NIGHTS CAR SHOW!

UP FOR ONLY ONE WEEK THEN IT GOES TO AUCTION...SNOOZE YOU LOOZE!!!

1970 Dark Horse Mustang Harley Davidson Tribute Car. Completely restored vehicle and I mean everything new. Body taken to bare metal then worked extremely straight, Fabricated to fit a 1969 Front Clip ,Actual Harley Davidson Paint codes used, Actual Harley Davidson bike installed inside car, New Autometer American Muscle 6 gauge set (over $1000) every aspect of the car is new from body, trim, chrome,glass(windshield,door glass, wing windows) All new weatherstripping everywhere, complete custom saddlebag interior with everything new including dash, seat foams, headliner, panels and custom made upholstery and an actual Harley Davidson Bike inside the car, all hardware, door handles New built Performance 351 Windsor Engine( Complete top and bottom) with Cam, Edelbrock Performer Ported aluminum Heads, Concept One Billet Pulley set (over $1800) includes all brackets, pulleys, A/C stystem, custom Power steering pump and 110 amp alternator,Full MSD Ignition, MSD Distributor and MSD Coil, 3 Row aluminum Radiator with Added Electric Cooling fan, 750 Holley, Headman Headers, Stainless Side Pipe Exhaust, Built C4 with shift kit and B&M Shifter, New Borgeson Integral Power steering system, ALL steering components replaced, All new suspension (everything) rebuilt ford 8" rearend, slotted and drilled disc brake conversion, chrome brake booster, Brand new Wiring Harness with 20 fuse block( can add power windows, locks etc) No old wiring at all, rebuilt heater box with new heater core, Ididit Tilt steering Column, Custom OneOff Shelby style Taillight panel, MEIER Racing Shelby deck lid and extensions, Body shaved of front and rear side marker lights, deleted front grill trim, as I said..Everything except the rear window glass IS NEW...All wiring hidden under inner fenders for a clean engine bay that is also diamond plated, Tons of other new parts not listed, over $120K in labor alone, over $32000 in parts, this is a remarkable One Off Custom Build for the guy that wants something NO ONE ELSE HAS. Fit and Finish is Excellent, Body and Paint was over $12K. Car just won Best In Show at the 2013 Danville Hot Summer Nights, Just did interviews at the show with Mustang Monthly and Hot Rod Magazine, Both estimated the cars value at a Minimum Starting Price of $85000 and I was told it was the nicest Mustang either had ever seen! Contact me at 925 219-2085 Car is located in Brentwood Ca. Cash only, shipping can be arranged after payments are cleared. Once in a lifetime opportunity to own the baddest Mustang Ever to hit the road. People are simply going crazy for this car!!!Car is a OneOff Custom Show car, any statements concerning Harley Davidson are in tribute and are in no way intended to describe the car as a Real Harley Davidson, this is a 1970 Ford Mustang Vehicle

Ah yes, no finer feeling than spending upwards of $165k on a project and then finding out it's valued at about half that, as a starting price only of course. I'm guessing this was an unavertised show and no one else showed? Can't wait to see this car presented in either of those magaizines, I'd be shocked if that happened. My favorite line I think was "Custom OneOff Shelby style Taillight panel", not exactly oneoff but there's a good reason why you don't see this too often and every car with it ends up in this thread. Less would have been so much more in this car, some very interesting ideas for sure but too many of them used in just one car and just a very scattered approach, all that custom work and you can't even change out the rear valance for one that doesn't have exhaust cutouts?

all that custom work and you can't even change out the rear valance for one that doesn't have exhaust cutouts?

I was thinking the same thing.

Car is way too busy and the valance looks out of place

Hmm... diamond plate on a 69.

Bob

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that, why would someone put diamond plate in the engine compartment of a Mustang.

Mike.

hmmm... i could be mistaken but, i see a similar model of wheel on 4x4 trucks down here in the south... interesting application on the 69..

on the design theme.. i would like to see the Harley Davidson it matched...:surrender:

i would like to see the Harley Davidson it matched...:surrender:

It's the center console as he points out multiple times for some reason, guess it was important to the whole theme.:rolleyes:

Odd how tribute bikes built to emulate cool cars works but just not the case with the reverse.

ok. this car obviously is "1000 things I'd never do" but it doesn't hit "ugly" til you see the tail-end. (Maybe the piping around the dash...) "One-off Shelby-style" apparently means "homemade." No judge at Danville had a tape measure...or a level?

(Maybe the piping around the dash...) "

I didn't get this until I looked closely at the "piping" around the dash. When he says there is actually a Harley in the car, he may not be kidding. The piping is actually the handlebars. They attach down near the gas tank which has been turned into the console. The back fender and tail light are visible at the back of the console in the back seat. Weird, but a ton of fab work.