Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70vert

POST UGLY '69-70s HERE!

20110826192131.jpg

I think it's beautiful but realize I am in a very small minority so I'm posting it. Just after purchase and on its way home. Stripped naked for drag racing, (supposedly) it's even worse than it looks. The doors are underneath it. Like they matter as they are useless except for the latches and latch/lock rods.

Work has yet to commence much as I have a '67 in the garage. I felt sorry for the '69 and built a pole shed over it so at least it doesn't have to sit in the weather while it waits.

As much work that went into that car .. Sorry the dude's dad passed away .. but that is a seriously messed up scheme on that Mustang. It'd take more than the car is worth to undo that crap. I kinda like the ground effects .. the hood is different. But this car definitely belongs on this list!

I don't think it would be that hard to make it look OK... just a few rattle cans of black paint and some new seat covers from J.C. Whitney would go a long way to making it look righteous. Of course it wouldn't hurt if the onlooker was slightly stoned.

Seems more the type of thing you would have done to a Van back in the 80's, not a Mustang much less a low number '70 vert. I wouldn't be surprised if the comment about his Dad was to avoid smart ass comments, I can't believe they would think it was all that for real.

We need to upload some of those pics to the thread directly so we can retain it after the ebay page disappears.

Seems more the type of thing you would have done to a Van back in the 80's, not a Mustang much less a low number '70 vert.

I was thinking the exact same thing -- 70's though, not 80's. Just by looking at the woodwork, velour seat covers and exterior graphics, you just know this guy had one of these in the 70's before he got busy on the Mustang....

vanArtHeavyDotCom-460x200.png

I was thinking the exact same thing -- 70's though, not 80's. Just by looking at the woodwork, velour seat covers and exterior graphics, you just know this guy had one of these in the 70's before he got busy on the Mustang....

I was always a little more partial to the half naked sword weilding woman on a dragon or tiger myself but yeah, that's about where this type of thing belongs (if anywhere).

I was always a little more partial to the half naked sword weilding woman on a dragon or tiger myself but yeah, that's about where this type of thing belongs (if anywhere).

Again, I was thinking the exact same thing. I just couldn't find a picture of a Wizard in a purple robe with a naked chick riding by on a white stallion. Which is weird, because I used to see those vans everywhere...

I went to go look at this mustang before I found mine. It was hideous. Aside from some rust bubbling through along with some bad bondo work, it had a funky shelby-style spoiler fibreglassed on the back (not a smooth job either) and black duct tape holding half of the interior together. Apparently it's won a lot of awards :D

The real ugly factor came from the paint. It had yellow box/stripes all over, along with some castles/dragons on the c-pillars. The owner was very proud of the air brushing he had done, and accused me of being a f'in "tire kicker" when I refused to give him an offer on the car (he was asking for what a fully restored car goes for) These are the only pics I have at work (from the seller) but I'll post of a few beauties once I get home.

ugly_mustang1.jpg

ugly_mustang2.jpg

ugly_mustang3.jpg

I had friends that had vans like this back in the early 80s. I always liked the murals.

ugly_mustang3.jpg
I resist the urge to do anything like that to my cars. even though I like the artwork in general. I prefer much more subtle accenting and/or decoration. My personal transportation, since I started driving in the late 70s, has always been something different than your typical sedan.

I think I have a new contender! I was cleaning out pics on my cell phone and must have totally forgot I took this months ago purely for posting here, it was part of the "what are you working on" segmant. I searched the internet after seeing it but found nothing so I had to settle for a freeze frame screen shot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12523&stc=1&d=1351277157

Again, I was thinking the exact same thing. I just couldn't find a picture of a Wizard in a purple robe with a naked chick riding by on a white stallion. Which is weird, because I used to see those vans everywhere...

I did a google image search for "van mural" and came up with a bunch of them, many all from just this one site. http://memoirsofarovingmind.blogspot.com/2012/02/tat-tuesday.html

I think I have a new contender! I was cleaning out pics on my cell phone and must have totally forgot I took this months ago purely for posting here, it was part of the "what are you working on" segmant. I searched the internet after seeing it but found nothing so I had to settle for a freeze frame screen shot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12523&stc=1&d=1351277157

Why would anybody do that? It makes no sense! That stripe is ugly! And the chop job doesn't help either!:shit: lol

Unbelivable!