Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Vitrual build pt 3. The actual build

DSC02713.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

69GT was the winner for our first virtual build. His 69 Gt coupe will be our first victim ehm participant in the virtual build.

In this the 3rd round we need to vote on a budget for the build. As with other things majority rules. So make your votes count. Bnickel will be by shortly with more information and the other items that we need to address.

If you are new to this contest then go here: http://www.1969stang.com/mustangforum/viewtopic.php?t=581

And read about it.

In the budget are we assuming that the person is doing the majority of the work themselves. Labor is the highest part of the budget. (ie: paint costs under $1000, but to have it painted can run $5000 and up)

The bocy seems pretty straight, barring hidden rust. I say 7-8 grand for parts if it is done at home, and another 6 grand if labor is involved.

well the idea is to first decide how the car is to be built. like are we doing a stock resto, a pro tour build, pro street, drag car, full time open track etc. and then set the budget accordingly. so the first order of business is to decide the build style. then we will divide the build up into into different categories such as engine, drivetrain, paint and body, interior, wheels and tires, brakes, etc. once we have decided on the build style and budget then we can get down to the business of starting the build. each category will then be voted on for the final build and during all this time we will be keeping track of the budget to make sure we don't go over budget. so i will post a vote for the build style, and i may have to do a seperate one for the budget. ok guys get your thinking caps on and let's see what we can do with 69GT's car. hope this will be a fun distraction for you guys.

I agree we need to decide general build style and budget, and I know we're trying to be democratic, but I don't wanna see this caught up in a bunch of bureaucracy about every detail... perhaps someone can "be in charge" and make some of the decisions outright. Or perhaps the owner of the car can have some "weighted" input on build style and budget. That way, when the final virtual build is done then the owner of the car can have a nice idea of what they're aspiring to and a good guide about what it'll cost.

Just a thought.

I agree we need to decide general build style and budget, and I know we're trying to be democratic, but I don't wanna see this caught up in a bunch of bureaucracy about every detail... perhaps someone can "be in charge" and make some of the decisions outright. Or perhaps the owner of the car can have some "weighted" input on build style and budget. That way, when the final virtual build is done then the owner of the car can have a nice idea of what they're aspiring to and a good guide about what it'll cost.

Just a thought.

seems reasonable enough. i was planning on having a team captain or captains in charge of different areas of the build, basically someone with "veto" power. we as moderators have decide to remove ourselves from being on the build team or at least being a team captain anyway. for the voting on these things i don't think it would hurt for us to be involved in that at all. but i do agree that someone needs to in charge

yo i have 69 coupe that im building a 347 with mid 500hp it silver the amount i am going to spend is about 10,000 but just recently i got hit on the passenger side quarter panel which i just bought replacement parts skin and the outter wheel housing. ill post up pictures soon.