Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Virtual Build Part 2 - Time to vote for winner.

Who's car deserves to be our very first test subject for the virtual build?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who's car deserves to be our very first test subject for the virtual build?

If your new to the virtual build check out the previous sticky post on whats going on. Now its time to vote for who's car gets the photoshop and virtual makeover. Voting starts: 6/17 and ends 6/24. Cast your vote NOW.

Ok first up we have 69 GT's Entry:

DSC02713.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

i would like to officially exclude myself from the voting since i have personal relationships with 2 of the entries, Pakrat and Stangme, and i'm obviously very partial to the 69 gt coupe and i want to keep the contest as fair as possible, so everyone vote away for your favorite contest car so we can start devising a plan.

gee, thanks bnickel, I was hoping that I would get at least one vote, hey wait a minute, maybe this is a ploy to start a bidding war between Pakrat and myself, very devious, I'll start at 2bits..... :lol:

whatever man, you're already leading the vote. basically since i'm a mod i just want to keep the field fair is all and since it was also my idea to start this build i don't want anyone to think i'm sandbagging anything, ya know?

LOL, I had opted to not vote for simillar reasons to Bnickel, I didn't want to taint any results. Of course, I had no idea I'd be so wildly unpopular. :lol: Obviously my one vote would not have affected a thing. I may just have to actually cast that vote before it ends just so as to not look completely pathetic. :oops:

Heh Heh pakrat. Yeh next time holdtherice we will add you.

Ouch! Man, ya put on one factory but not model correct piece on your car and you are suddenly banished from the USA pride to the world of Uncle Ben. :cry:

It's a damn good thing for you I don't value your opinion or I might take offense to that........... Disco Stu. 8)

Heh Heh pakrat. Yeh next time holdtherice we will add you.

Ouch! Man, ya put on one factory but not model correct piece on your car and you are suddenly banished from the USA pride to the world of Uncle Ben. :cry:

It's a damn good thing for you I don't value your opinion or I might take offense to that........... Disco Stu. 8)

Zing!!! Your car looks to nice in the pictures so i think thats why your not getting any votes not to mention the WING....

:lol:

Disco.5.jpg

LOL, nice poster BSWOR, that would make a great embroidered seat back!!!!!

I'm just having fun guys, I honestly could care less, I'd rather see a fastback redo more than anything personally. The only reason I posted before pics was because they were the requested angles and they were clean and good quality for photshopping, changing paint shades on a multi color car can be difficult enough much less trying to photoshop out all this damage if I had posted the current pics like some of these:

109505_61_full.jpg

109505_62_full.jpg

101_0112.sized.jpg

hey pak did you realize your car has a 70 air cleaner? maybe your parts car has a good 69 one.

Yes I do know actually and the parts car does have the smaller 302 2V one on it but when my car was upgraded to a 4V as was offered only in 70' the air cleaner was updated with it, the sticker on it is also a 70' 302 4V premium fuel sticker as well.

I always thought bigger was better for an air cleaner anyway, why, is there a reason I am missing that I should be using a correct 69 one on it instead? My car is going to be anything but stock now so I can see little point to it unless I am in fact missing something. The only down side I ever noticed was that Ithe Monte Carlo bar had to be removed, even a curved one won't really fit.

Actually the plan going forward is to combine the two now that the hood scoop will be made functional. I plan on using the stock smaller cover from the parts car (which is about the same size as the filter) in combination with the larger 70' base and then running a 68 CJ type of gasket around the edge of the base to seal up to the hood.

no particular reason i just think the 69 is a little more asthetically pleasing the way the crankcase breather tube kind wraps around the air cleaner is all. just personal preference more than anything. yeah i'm gonna do the same basic thing you're doing with the cj gasket since my car already has the hole in the hood stamped out from the factory only i'm using a hi-po style lid similar to what the 69 shelbys had, it is of course painted ford blue as well.