Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

WoW check the mustang gallery. Robbiedog's 69 fastback

Thanks, but there's so much more to come. The guy I bought it from was very proud of the paint job (Jade Black) but it had bubbles that have blistered. It's going in the paint shop as soon as we get it running. I put the gallery up because it's been over a year since I drove my car! The wait will be worth it, though, and it will be a daily driver. I hope I can afford the gas at that point......

hey E, how's it been? ain't heard from you in forever. any word on our strutrod brackets yet? i should be getting close, will have the car towed home from the body shop this weekend, and i can finally start on brakes and suspension and undercarriage detailing. gonna have a lot of goodies to get working on like my big break kit front and rear, subframes, strutrods hopefully i can get my randalls rack pretty quick as well. hope to have the money for the rack by early summer or so.

I wonder if that is true 69' Black Jade or not? I thought it was PPG Smoke Grey at first. It does look good though regardless, I may have to re-consider that color in my line up again.

I don't have a good photo of it right now, but I will get one soon and send it to you. We did have to dimple the shock tower just a little to make it fit. Remind me if I blow it off. Right now the car is about 50 miles away, but I should be able to get a pic next week.

Ben,

I'm having a hard time deciding. I might stick with the Jade Black. It's an original '69 color, and it's pretty cool, but there's a graphite that I like a lot. Cheaper to keep it the Jade, but I don't want to paint it again anytime soon...so I want to get what I REALLY want.

I feel your pain its just to hard to decide on paint colors. I have a deadline now so i have to make a decision.

Paint color is the HARDEST decision to make on a classic car.

DO you want more power? YES!

DO you want it to handle well? YES!

DO you want to make the interior look nice? YES!

Do you want it red? Y..well... I saw this black one, but I've always liked red.. and should I get stripes....but then again, blue is nice...