Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

killer 69's from around the net.....go find em and post pics

DJ, I'm pretty sure Steve's rear deck spoiler is just like the one you have. I did get mine from maier but I had them make me the Shelby convertible version. They don't advertise it on their site but you can get it at special request.

Besides the recessed area, is there any real difference between the Shelby and Maier styles? The Maier looks to be a little taller, but that could just be the angles I've seen of both spoilers.

I plan to put one of these (either Shelby or Maier) on my 'vert.

Were you happy with Maier's product?

Thanks

Besides the recessed area, is there any real difference between the Shelby and Maier styles? The Maier looks to be a little taller, but that could just be the angles I've seen of both spoilers.

I plan to put one of these (either Shelby or Maier) on my 'vert.

Were you happy with Maier's product?

Thanks

Well, without a direct comparison I do believe the Maier unit is a little taller. The curve from the fender and trunk to the lip is totally different, the Shelby is more subtle. Also, the Shelby unit requires either fabrication to mate to a stock panel (which I chose to do) or to go with the Shelby rear tail panel and lights as well.

I was happy with the quality of the Maier piece, it is not worth trying to save a few bucks on a cheaper unit. However, all fiberglass is far from a bolt on. General fitment is usually pretty poor. Just look at a real Shelby and see how horrible the gaps are. Even on Steve's car the fit could be alot better. I probably had enough man hours into mine to buy two more kits but it is perfect from every angle.

looks pretty good but there are a couple things about it that concern me. no radio for one, but that's not a really big deal but the bypassed heater core bugs me and the condition of the gauge lenses bothers me as well, why spend all that money on the car and then skimp on the $35 gauge lenses, maybe it just bothers me since i put new lenses in my car.

otherwise, i like the car a lot. the blacked out window trim and windshield wipers is subtle but looks nice on this car, the 71-73 mach 1 gas cap on the modified shelby taillight panel looks pretty good, though i think would have had to try and adapt pieces of a 68 shelby light panel if i were going to keep a flip open gas cap of any style

looks pretty good but there are a couple things about it that concern me. no radio for one, but that's not a really big deal but the bypassed heater core bugs me and the condition of the gauge lenses bothers me as well, why spend all that money on the car and then skimp on the $35 gauge lenses, maybe it just bothers me since i put new lenses in my car.

otherwise, i like the car a lot. the blacked out window trim and windshield wipers is subtle but looks nice on this car, the 71-73 mach 1 gas cap on the modified shelby taillight panel looks pretty good, though i think would have had to try and adapt pieces of a 68 shelby light panel if i were going to keep a flip open gas cap of any style

The gauge lenses could be just the flash is too bright from inside the car. Probably too close. I don't like the steering wheel. Wood grain is good, but get one that says Ford or Shelby or Cobra and is a three spoke.

The accessories on the engine are my other bother. Edlebrock makes great parts but I don't care for valve covers and air cleaner cover. Headers should be ceramic and the Shelby Tri-Y's from Patriot would fit well with the theme (like mine). Is that an air conditioning support plate above the power steering pump? It looks different than the one I removed from '69. If so, that should be removed. Just seems there should be more a showcase in the engine compartment to go with the outside. How 'bout that price? Trying to appeal to a certain clientel huh? This car is for sale by a dealer in Iowa. Look at some of his other rides and you will see the same set up with the tires and wheels. Must be a favorite or good selling point. I do like the lines from the side.

The gauge lenses could be just the flash is too bright from inside the car. Probably too close. I don't like the steering wheel. Wood grain is good, but get one that says Ford or Shelby or Cobra and is a three spoke.

The accessories on the engine are my other bother. Edlebrock makes great parts but I don't care for valve covers and air cleaner cover. Headers should be ceramic and the Shelby Tri-Y's from Patriot would fit well with the theme (like mine). Is that an air conditioning support plate above the power steering pump? It looks different than the one I removed from '69. If so, that should be removed. Just seems there should be more a showcase in the engine compartment to go with the outside. How 'bout that price? Trying to appeal to a certain clientel huh? This car is for sale by a dealer in Iowa. Look at some of his other rides and you will see the same set up with the tires and wheels. Must be a favorite or good selling point. I do like the lines from the side.

here's one that was displayed at the street rod nats this year. seeing this one made the decision that it was time for another mustang:devil2:

db_100_0529.jpg

db_100_0533.jpg

you like that one? it's being displayed at SEMA too. i can't stand it, 20+" wheels do not belong on a classic stang period, 17's and 18's are almost too big IMO, depends on the wheel. i can't stand the stance on that thing either about the only things i do like are that it's black with a red interior which says classic 60's too me and the fact that it's a mustang, other than that i can't really find much else i liek about it.

ronnie070.jpg I found this bad a$$ 69 sitting in my trailer lol . It has a stroker 427 side oiler . A richmond 4 speed tranny . 588 gears with 35 spline strange axles , 35 inch tall by 16 inch wide slicks . This car will do a wheel stand high as you please by raising the wheely bars . How far depends on the rpms and balls to keep it there . It is a true r code 69 that came with a 428 scj .

ronnie070.jpg I found this bad a$$ 69 sitting in my trailer lol . It has a stroker 427 side oiler . A richmond 4 speed tranny . 588 gears with 35 spline strange axles , 35 inch tall by 16 inch wide slicks . This car will do a wheel stand high as you please by raising the wheely bars . How far depends on the rpms and balls to keep it there . It is a true r code 69 that came with a 428 scj .

you like that one? it's being displayed at SEMA too. i can't stand it, 20+" wheels do not belong on a classic stang period, 17's and 18's are almost too big IMO, depends on the wheel. i can't stand the stance on that thing either about the only things i do like are that it's black with a red interior which says classic 60's too me and the fact that it's a mustang, other than that i can't really find much else i liek about it.

I agree! I think wheel diameter sizes are getting ridiculous! I saw a 68 Camaro at a show with 22" on the rear and 18" on the front. I think it looked wrong! It turned a muscle car into a bling machine!:thumbdown: 18's Max on the muscle cars. Well thats my 2cents anyhow!

I agree! I think wheel diameter sizes are getting ridiculous! I saw a 68 Camaro at a show with 22" on the rear and 18" on the front. I think it looked wrong! It turned a muscle car into a bling machine!:thumbdown: 18's Max on the muscle cars. Well thats my 2cents anyhow!