Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

killer 69's from around the net.....go find em and post pics

I like the 1970's old school look (since I started driving in 1975) I am building my car to look like that, to be used as a weekend cruiser & to take to shows.

I'm going for an 80's old school look with my cougar sort of like how I would have built it after high school. actually sort of the how I really wanted to build the Stang originally. I've got a garage full of all kinds of stuff from the late 60's to the late 80's for the Cougar and I'm going to use 15" wheels on it because to be quite honest I realy don't like the 17" wheels that are on the Stang right now, not the wheel style just the size

I agree with most of you other guys. The big wheels are just too much. My car currently has 14's up front and 15's in the rear. I like the wheel sizes but I'm not at all a fan of the style. I think I'm going with a 15" torque thrust all around. My stance needs a little attention though haha. The front has big block springs with a small 302 haha so it's a bit jacked up. I'm really a fan of lightly modded stock appearing cars. I'm going to do mine up like I would have if I had one back in the 70's, heck Im doing mine to look like what I would have wanted if I was even alive in the 70's hahaha (I was born in 1987).

The looks cool but I think it sits waaay to low for my liking. BTW the place that built that Mustang is about 1/2 hour north from where I live in south Jersey.

That '69 vert looks like it was modeled after the Overhaulin '69 vert. The addition of the rear quarter vents and the rear duck tail spoiler and quarter extensions are off over a fastback just like what Foose did. Even the wheels are similar. But still a great look for that car.

I remember seeing that overhaulin' episode years ago when it premiered and thought that doing that quarter panel swap on a coupe would look cool. I haven't seen it done but I guess the convertible with the top up is pretty close to what that would look like. Beautiful car.

Sportsroof69- Great hole shot picture! First time I was able to see a nice clear shot of the paint, I really like that color, especially the one showing the car on the highway. What rear tire size is that in that picture. It looks wider than a 275?

You should be proud, you got the complete package, Sharp looking and FAST!