Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple Mach One

what is the difference between an AOD and an AODE?

I just went to the Lentech Automatics website and found out that the Street Terminator Plus is an AOD not an AODE. So why do I have an electronic overdrive delete switch on this transmission? For a minute there I thought I couldn't install my B&M Hammer Shifter. But now I have to find out how make a custom console. Anyway, what are the differences between the two? The Lentech website doesn't give enough information.

How do you like your Lentech Street Terminator Plus? I bought one, but haven't been able to drive my car yet.....soon though! I put a new D&D Motorsports 500hp 302 stroker in with it......

Hey robbie dog, I was one of the unforunate ones that got a bad Lentech transmission. From the beginning when I bought it five years ago, it hasn't shifted right and took to local transmission in California and they didn't fix anything. So, it's at another trans shop where I had my 91 Camaro Z28 700R4 done. It's going to get a complete rebuild. I am still thinking about putting that B&M hammer shifter but I am having trouble coming up with a custom console for it. By the way, the Street Terminator Plus is an AOD with a custom electronic delete switch made by Lentech. The AODE is designed for fuel injected cars that have an ECM that controls the shifting.