Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Dallas Mustang

Ok there shipping takes too long. But their sheetmetal, floor pans, Hood, and all the other metal my body man has gotten from them has been the best. So if you dont mind waiting for good quality there the place to get your sheetmetal at least.

Your experiences?

I can remember in the early, mid 80's when they just started reproducing parts and there was only a limited number of parts available from ford. At that time the after market people had a catalog that was 3 pages long and it was stapled together. Any of the repro parts didn't come close to fitting! It was a nightmare to buy any kind of body panel from these guys. Now, after looking at new NPD catalog I'm just blown away.

So, long story short, if you had to wait and the parts did fit right. I would say it would be worth it. That being said, if someone says a part will be there a certain day and I schedule around it and it doesn't show, I'm flat out pissed off.

Sounds like it's going well, I can't wait for the pic's

madla

I even remember when they bought tons of my stuff in the very early 80's, at swap meets. Then resold them right away for up to five times what they paid me. For example: in '81 sold them a complete shaker assembly for under $70, meanwhile 1/2 year later, saw them selling my old shaker to someone for $350.

Fort Worth =>Mr. G's and Dallas Mustang was the only game in town for many many years back in the early 80's. It turns out that I only purchased stickers and decals from them because like stated before their stuff was crap. Hopefully after twenty years they have finally got their act together. So after hearing this that their sheetmetal parts is good quality is good news to us Texans.

Yup i had previously heard a few bad things about them. But when everything goes good people usually dont write lengthy posts about it, only when there is a problem :)