Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69GT

new goodies

I just got the new parts I ordered from Summit. I got a pro-billet electronic distributor from MSD as well as a 6AL msd box and chrome coil. :D Ill probably be putting it all in on wednesday. (there went all my xmas cash)

AgentSmith-DSC01604.JPG

oooooooo im jealous. I've been putting off getting those for awhile, just for the fact that i havent had any problems with my engine. Or how it runs.

Let us know how it goes.

Well, I finally got it all installed! There is such a huge noticable difference between the old system and this MSD. Before when I was at a stop light (idle set at 600) the car would rumble side to side which I kind of liked, but now the idle is so smooth (still 600) and the engine is at least half as loud as it was before. The whole setup set me back $500 but I think it was well worth it. Now ill have to see if my mileage increased when I fill it up at the pump next. :lol:

AgentSmith-DSC01608.JPG

Ya its a 351W. Im not sure if it comes in black because msd's "color" is red, but my friend has a msd distributor on his camaro with a really dark red cap. As for the origional dist. im gunna hold onto it incase I ever need it again.