Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobo29

another weatherstrip question

I put a new roof rail weatherstrip on the driver's side. I double checked to ensure the company sent the right one(for the coupe) however the windows do not roll up and in to the slot on the strip. I have tried pushing the window in as I roll it up and that did not help. Both windows (door and quarter) are not engaging the weatherstrip properly. Anyone have any ideas to make this work? Thanks

Have you ever took your door panels off? You can adjust the glass by taking them off and i believe if you look inside the bottom of the door they will slide after you loosten the bolt?

GT it may have something to do with the bumper? It might be stopping it from going all the way up. I havent taken a look at them in a little while. I remember a VMF member having the problem of them not going all the way up.

The windows go all the way up they just don't go into the groove of the weatherstripping correctly. This causes the window to push out and not seal. Any ideas?

bobo, do you have the top guides set-up to guide the window? little l shape-vinyl coated clpi things. these should help guide the window right into the weatherstrip. there are also internal adjustments that might help. i'll see if i can find the artical on the window adjustment.

I have the clips things its just that the weatherstrip is not quite original ford tooling and is a little different form the orginal. Does anyone know where I can get ones that are original tooling for the 69 coupe?

GT it may have something to do with the bumper? It might be stopping it from going all the way up. I havent taken a look at them in a little while. I remember a VMF member having the problem of them not going all the way up.

I took the time to check out my window, and its not that it isnt going up far enough. It needs to be tilted back a bit. The front part of the window lines up just fine, but the back part goes up to far causing it to go up past and outside of the weather stripping. I tried looking for the right screws to adjust it but I really have no idea which ones to fool with. A diagram would really be helpful.