Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

day 1 repair report.............

well, i'm doing the rack and pinion, headers, exhaust, and AOD. here is the first days report.....

Well today went well, I’ve removed the exhaust manifolds, exhaust, steering, and that fmx.

I have the rack in place, but it’ll come back put when I put the headers on tomorrow.

I’m still not sure what to do about the shifter. Right now I’m trying to modify the original 89 shifter to work, but it’s not working out to well for me. I need a good pic of the shifter from Windsor fox. I tried to order it, but it’s back-ordered.

Tomorrow I’m gonna install the Headman Shorties using the Breslin fasteners and copper gaskets.

Wish me luck tomorrow, I have till Saturday morning to finish.

I got my 2 50 series Flowmasters, Breslin fasteners, and my Lokar throttle cable in the mail today, I was getting kind of worried; I bought them a week ago.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26809&stc=1

If the rack and pinion or aod dont work out just ship them to me to use on my car :P but seriously good luck and keep us informed.

I have some fairly serious plans for my car within the next 4 weeks. Rewiring and then i shop for paint and body shops finally. I would like to do an a/c kit and dakota digital gauges but about to start college so no mulahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hows day 2 working out?

i really like the lokar stuff!

the only things I have left are fill the power steering, fill the tranny ,to either set, or have someone set the TV on the aod, get an alignment, and have my 50 series put in place of my 40 series Flowmasters, also adjust the shifter slightly.

I have to also hook-up my parking brake, tighten 1 header bolt, and get a different front yoke for the tranny(one i have is too wide)

after that, i should be done!

attachment.php?attachmentid=26889&stc=1

Alright, as a lot of you know, I’ve recently done a-lot of work on my 69 Grande. I did a rack, headers/mufflers and an AOD. Well today I dealt with DualTone exhaust and alignment today in San Diego. They couldn’t do my alignment! Well camber anyway. So they set my toe but that’s it. I need to find a different shop! They did an awesome job on my exhaust though! I like the way it now sounds with the headers and 50 series Flowmasters though.

Headers were a bitch to install, drivers side anyway, but no interference they fit perfectly, even around the AOD! The Breslin header bolts were decent, but I couldn’t use them on back of #7 port. Because they are 12 point and I needed to put an open end wrench on it.

I still haven’t got it on the open road because now it’s at the transmission place getting the T.V. dialed in with a gage. I just hope it shifts good and what-not.

First impressions on the rack are that it really tightened up my steering, but the power steering pump is whining now (might be fluid level though). I also still need to center my steering wheel. Whoopti-dooo

AOD impressions are limited because the TV, but like suggested from my earlier posts, I had to flip the shifter connector around, I modified the original shifter rod to work (well I didn’t, my buddy bob did. Other then that, it went right in without a hitch.

No pics yet though………….soon as I get my hands on it, I’ll put it on the rack and snap a bunch for my site.

I still need to put on the ‘01 F250 transmission cooler, do my master cylinder and some other little stuff, like cut the coils to lower it a little and also get rid of my air shocks.

Anyway, thanks for the support guys and I look forward to dealing with you guys later!

how is the strut rod project coming?

its stoped for right now. i really wanted to get them before i did all this work, but as you can see, i didn't. the guy that was or is working on it just needs his ass kicked! i guess i might need to have it done out in town somewhere. i helped him get his brakes all figured out on his t-bird, then jack-squat on the machining.

maybe sometime this year

Well I drove the Mustang home today, what a difference! I love my AOD! When it slipped into OD for the first time, it was sweet victory! It shifts nice and the kick down worked absolutely perfectly! The rack and pinion is awesome even with-out the proper alignment! It doesn’t drift, the wheel is not the least bit sloppy, and it now kicks ass on grooved pavement. The new 50 series Flowmasters rock!

I’m just a happy camper, even if the power steering pump is groaning.

So I’m happy with myself that I did all this in a week and no real problems.

Later!

how is the strut rod project coming?

its stoped for right now. i really wanted to get them before i did all this work, but as you can see, i didn't. the guy that was or is working on it just needs his ass kicked! i guess i might need to have it done out in town somewhere. i helped him get his brakes all figured out on his t-bird, then jack-squat on the machining.

maybe sometime this year

hey there is a guy on the vmf that is looking for some machining projects since they apparently have some down time right now, i mentiond your name in the post. here is the link to that thread

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=forum&Number=1041361&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

maybe he can help you out on those, anyway i thought it wouldn't hurt to metion it. :D