Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stangman

Fresh air vent seal

I finally found time to play with my car today and have ran into a small problem that I'm positive you guys will have answer too.

I need to replace the seal that seals the fresh air vent on the drivers side. The part # on the old seal is C9ZA-18-B290-D. I have not seen this part offered in any of the parts catologs that I have.

I have had the problem with a wet floor board and believe this is my problem. I took the cowl cover off to check for rust and was suprised to see that there is not a cowl vent on the drivers side on the 69. This is my first 69 and I was afraid of having the dreaded rusted out cowls but not so the one on the passenger side looks good.

I'm hoping a new seal will fix my problems before I install my new carpet I look forward to hearing some suggestions..

Some smaller parts do not get published in some of the companys catalogs. Ive called before and asked for some of the smaller items. I would call a couple of the companys and get them to check for you.

I assume you are talking about the fresh air vent next to the emergency brake? If so, I couldn't find the seal either. I had to install the vent with RTV to seal it. ALthough, I guess you could use some generic foam seal and make your own. Are you sure the leak is coming from there? Did you try running a water hose into the vent to see where the water is coming from?

Yes that's the one. I have run water in the cowl area and water comes out the bottom area where the seal is.

I bought this car in November and it has been stored in a garage for thirty years and the floor pans are in great shape and I want them to stay that way.

I have no garage to store or work in at the time. It's killing me that its sitting outside in the weather. I do have it under a nice car cover, I guess that's better than nothing.

Thanks bswor and Neil for your help. I will give this post till the end of the week for any other options and the it will be off to wally world for some sealant and some foam.

Neil how well did the sealant work for you? any leaks???