Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbiedog

New Mustang on the Block

I bought my '69 Fastback in November, and have been ordering resto-mod parts ever since. We are just about ready to start installation. The car came running fine, had a 351 with a FMX, body perfect, no rust. Here's what is going to happen......

302 stroker from D&D Motorsports in Calif. 450hp

Street Terminator Plus AOD from Lentech in Canada

Rack steering from Flaming River

Steering column from Flaming River

Global West suspension "Aggressive Street Option" (wanted TCP all around, but the wait is too long. See their website for new update)

Edelbrock Fuel Injection

Baer disc brakes all around

Edelbrock 454 17"x8 wheels

Recaro seats

5-disc CD changer/stereo

Larger radiator with electric fan

Perfect Fit air conditioning

Bolt-in windows/new fastback glass (didn't upgrade to elec windows)

LED tail lights

Keyless entry

Rear Defogger

The paint has a few bubbles in it, so I will have to have it painted in a year or so. The color is cool, Jade Black, which is more green than black. Yes, I've spent a fortune on this car, and the insurance will probably be terrible. Some will curse me for what I've done to this car, but man! it's going to be fun to drive......

This is my mid-life crisis, I guess. I tell my wife it's better than dating strippers......

Hey its your car, make it fun for you! If you ever want to go back original in the future, don't modify anything too much. What you have there sounds like mostly hidden upgrades. Sounds like fun to me.

you know, you porlly would have heard negitive feedback 10 years ago, but now the thing is, its your car build it how you want.

sounds like you have a really sweet resto going!!

i have a question, do you have the rack and pinion in your car yet?

with the perfict fit a/c what controls/compressor are you using?

anyway, welcome! can't wait to hear more!

The Perfect Fit air cond uses the existing controls, though everything inside the dash is new. A compressor comes with the Perfect Fit. There was an article in Mustang Monthly 2 issues or so ago on the installation process. It's still in the box right now.

As for the rack, it prolly goes in this week. I saw some of the comments about the Flaming River and some problems others have had, as well as the fit with headers, etc. I got some headers that Flaming River swears will work fine. When I get the rack in I will let you know. I hope it's not buggy.....I wanted the TCP, but......can't wait forever.

well, when you do the rack, take lots of pics. it'll be the first i've heard of going into a mustang susessfully. i hope it works.

my problem with the a/c is that i want to use origional a/c controls, but use the new box, with the servos and better design.

i look forward to seeing the car when you get pics!

later!

Your ride sounds like it will be real nice. I'd like to see how those LED tail lights look, I've been thinking about those for mine as well. Will Perfect Fit for a car that didn't come w/AC?