Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gone428stang

tach gauge cluster?

I've been looking for a tach gauge cluster for my 69 mustang, but there haven't been any auctions for one on ebay for a while. I was just wondering if someone knows of a place (besides Perogie, their prices are outrageous) I could find one. Thanks

My advise:

If your mustang is all READY wired for the tach option and want to upgrade from say the black background to the gray and the more sporter apperance than go for it.

However, repeat however if the mustang is not already wired for the tach option than it is not worth it. You have two choices; 1. Find and purchase the tach dash and dash to firewall wiring harnesses that has the tach wired, remember the three resisters that I have posted before; 2. Or take months and months of your time and rewire the entire wiring of the car and rewire and add many many new wires to the nor tach wiring and add the needed tach wires to the wiring harness(Pink resister wires). Also you must relocate the pins at the printed circuit board on the instrustment cluster and rewire that. WHAT A MAJOR PAIN!

I am the only one that I know of that did option 2. Have I known what trouble it caused I should have purchaed the easier route and purchased the tach wiring harnesses.