Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

WHATS THE BEST MODIFICATION YOUVE EVER DONE

I THINK I CAN HONESTLY SAY IT WAS MY DEAMON CARB! IT IS SO EASY TO ASJUST! I HATED THE EDELJUNK THAT I HAD BEFORE, REMOVE THE COVER TO ADJUST THE FLOATS! THAT SUCKED!!SOON DEPENDING ON HOW MY RACK AND PINION INSTALL GOES, IT'LL PROBABLY BE THAT. I REALLY HATE THE FACTORY STEERING IN MY CAR! FEEL REALLY DANGEROUS ABOVE 70.................

SO HOW ABOUT YOU GUYs, ANYTHING THAT JUST REALLY STANDS OUT? WHY?

I THINK I CAN HONESTLY SAY IT WAS MY DEAMON CARB! IT IS SO EASY TO ASJUST! I HATED THE EDELJUNK THAT I HAD BEFORE, REMOVE THE COVER TO ADJUST THE FLOATS! THAT SUCKED!!SOON DEPENDING ON HOW MY RACK AND PINION INSTALL GOES, IT'LL PROBABLY BE THAT. I REALLY HATE THE FACTORY STEERING IN MY CAR! FEEL REALLY DANGEROUS ABOVE 70.................

SO HOW ABOUT YOU GUY, ANYTHING THAT JUST REALLY STANDS OUT? WHY?

Which rack setup did you go with? (my favorite mods are my T-5 conversion and 8.8 rearend)

why the 8.8? why not just a 9"? i like your car! is it still gold? have any other pics of it? i'll try to get some more pics of mine up soon.

i decided to go with the TCP.

reason, simply.piece of mind! i knew i was getting quality!!

why i didn't one of these..................

randells rack, too new to really get a feel for the quality.

flaming river.still waiting......................

fatman, too much fabrication, and i already have a-lot of time and money in my cueernt front-end.

am i forgetting someone?

speed direct, same.......still waiting................

i thuink that about sums it up..

so these are my reasons 8)

why the 8.8? why not just a 9"? i like your car! is it still gold? have any other pics of it? i'll try to get some more pics of mine up soon.

I went with the 8.8 because its way cheaper than a 9". It already had complete disc brakes on it. and my late model wheels fit without spacers...

on the 8.8 questions, they are still pretty beefy with less parasitic hp loss. On upgrades, going with poly bushings over rubber and new kyb shocks. They make the car handle so much better now! Its almost like driving a new mustang. Its also really stable at high speeds!

Sorry but my best mod to date is floor pans. I just bought my 69 fastback project and have already learned tons here. What is the best 8.8 donor, are the 94+ mustangs got the right trac width and just swap to a leaf setup?

The heat was one problem, the car was almost undriveable when the temp outside hit about 85 degrees.It would put the cabin temp almost to 100.

Keeping them sealed would be the biggest factor, I tried milling the surfaces, single gasket, double gasket, sealast and a gasket,

Nothing seemed to work. So after about 2 yrs of beating up my hands I decided to put on the original manifolds and haven`t had any other problems since. And my hands are healing fine! LOL!

I've completed a few mods, but the best all around improvement was adding the TPC power rack and pinion steering setup. Unbelievably easy to bolt in. Took a weekend, but could have been done in a day. The handling difference is like night and day. It's smooth, responsive, doesn't have any play, vibration, shimmy, it's great!