Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Well, I haven't checked here in a while, and I am impressed.

My name is Kevin and live in a Cedar Falls, Ia. I have a wife of 18 years and 2 kids. We have a 69 Mach1 that I have been working on since 1999.

It's not done, nut I can finally drive it, and have ran a best time of 13.33 at 100 mph in the 1/4.

That's all for now.

Kevin

Hello, my name is romy castillo, I'm 28 and live in central city Mliwaukee,WI. I'm a carpenter & home remodeler(5yrs. now) living w/ my girlfriend of 7 yrs. one day I'll marry her. I own a 69 mustang(fb), m code. Original raven Blk, DLX interior,rim-blow,4-spd,PS/PB,fold down,3.25 traction-loc,shaker. the car was found in racine,WI for $4500. It was 80% complete. The 20% being no engine. I bought the car in 99, and I'm probably the 3-6 owner. The car is currently disassembled. I do have front suspension ,PS and rear axle on it. All these parts are redone originals.I have had my car in 4 differant body shops and I'm still not done w/ body work. In milwaukee most shops charge a high price for classics. They really only want to do insurance work. As of today I still don't have my wheel wells & quarters done the way I like. I got screwed. but o'well I only own Ford products. I have a 99' f-250 & 00' grand marquis-my marauder wanna-be & my lady has a 03' ford focus. I see 06-early 07 as done w/ my mustang.

Welcome back kevin.

Castillo most places are like that now only wanting insurance work as that is where the money is and its easier.

Look forward to hearing more from you guys, enjoy the site.

change is coming..........

Well, I recognize a few familiar faces around here.

For those that don't know me from the VMF, I have 3 '69 Mustangs (2 coupes, 1 sportsroof) and a '66 coupe.

The '66 coupe is my daily driver, every day, all year long.

The sportsroof is undergoing an extensive rebuild/modification process. We're in the process of building a 408 roller stroker from a late model 351w Lightning block, which should be completed by the end of next week. It'll be backed by a Dark Horse Performance TKO-600 5 speed and a 3.50 31 spline 9" traction-lok. The car is already sporting electric windows, keyless entry, Mustang Project sequential LED tail lights, and '93 Mustang GT seats with electric Lumbar supports. The car is "affectionately known" in Northern California as Scary. It got it's name originally, because that was the only way to describe the driving experience ... no brakes, little steering, no lights, no gauges, and leaked every kind of fluid that was in it, including gasoline. The idea is to keep the car Scary, but now because of the torque it will posses :)

I've been working on small block Fords for about about 24 years. My first one was my '68 Cougar which I bought to flip for a quick profit, back in 1980. The car was so much fun to drive, I ended up keeping it and selling my '72 Charger big block car instead.

Any way, I'll hang out and lend some advice where I can, and ask advice where I need it.

Hey john good to see you over here. Welcome to the site and we look forward to your contributions. :D

I purchased the same LEDS because of you and a few others responses about them, i have yet to install them yet. Soon very soon.

Supposed to have my car back monday with a test panel of the paint shot on the car so i can see what it would look like.

Ok i had my mind set on a red metallic but paint and body guy still wants me to take a look at this charcoal grey metallic he has from house of kolor. I seen a corvette hood he had just painted with the same type but it was a blue and i guess it has some nice pearl in it because it shifted as i walked around. And i must admit it changed my mind about it. So i told him to go ahead and shoot a test panel of the grey and i'll let him know.

Hey Everyone.

I'm a 31 year old commercial pilot living here in Phoenix. I live with my girlfriend and 2 dogs -Solo and Piper. I grew up around the 69 Mustang. My dad has a pristine green fastback with a 351C and he's the original owner of it. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to drive it when I was in High School/growing up. But, for some reason I never had the balls to do so. I guess I could never have lived with myself if I wrecked it. About 20 years ago my parents purchased a Jade Green (it's now red) 69 convertible which I currently own. I'm here to learn all I can about restoring this car and maybe even meet some friends while I'm at it.

Hello everyone great site.

I'm a 28 year old lifeguard from Manhattan Beach Ca. I own two classic 69 fords :

'69 Sportroof - 351w project. New motor setting on the stand t5z in the mail. Should be running in the next month or so.

-69 Bronco 5.0EFi NV3550 5sp -daily driver lol.

I should have some pics up soon. Keep up the good work.

Sean

hi i have 2 mustangs a 70 mach 1 m code that i got 12 years ago for 600 no motor or tranny and haven't had the money to do til now (rear frames floors, 1/4's) cept put in a 71 302 and c4 and a 68 coupe that i jsut got that has a 73? 351 cleveland 2 bbl that will eventually get swapped with the mach motor hehe. the mach is on the back burner til i get the 68 goin cuz its closer to being done for the summer!!!

I visited here once in the past, and then put my energies into building my car. I'm not finished yet(is any car ever finished?), but I have just a few more major items to do to the car.

A bit about the project.......

I've gone through many phases of car / collector eras......I'm nearly 50....

I've had the Shelby's, Panteras, Bosses etc, but actually burned out on the hobby about 10 years ago when everyone was concerned about how much money their car was worth rather than driving/racing/enjoying them. I bailed out, sold everything and landed in some newer exotic cars.....BMW M5, Porsche 996TT, C6 Vette.

Fast forward to 2003.....wanted to get back into the hobby. Set out to buy back one of my old cars, but the current owners would have nothing to do with it.

http://www.marblesmotors.com/ShelbyGT3501969.htm'>http://www.marblesmotors.com/ShelbyGT3501969.htm

http://www.marblesmotors.com/CougarEliminator1970.htm'>http://www.marblesmotors.com/CougarEliminator1970.htm

Decided then and there that 1969 was far and away my favorite style of Mustang and set out to build my ultimate driving machine (no pun intended).

Goals: Decent paint (didn't care to be perfect), Fast drivetrain, Overdrive transmission, Big brakes, taut suspension, safe....well as safe as a 1969 can be. I started with a plain-jane convertible that was painted in the color combination that I wanted. I got really lucky here as the paint is really nice, and how often are you going to be able to find the color you want????? Found an Acapulco Blue / White convertible w/ 351-2v original. I wasn't concerned about the collectibility as far as options go etc, because I was going to change it around anyway. The car was originally an automatic with drum brakes and AM radio.....that was it....not even a power top.

You can follow along on the website for where it is today, but here is a brief rundown. http://www.marblesmotors.com/Mustang1969-1.htm'>http://www.marblesmotors.com/Mustang1969-1.htm

408 c.i. Keith Craft windsor

444 ft lb torque at rear wheels

381 hp at rear wheels

Tremec TKO 5 speed

3.50 Traction-lok 9" rear

18 x 9 Boyd Coddington wheels with 285/35/18 tires - rear

18 x 8 wheels with 245/40/18 tires - front

Baer Eradi-speed 2 piece 13" discs, front and rear

Stam-bar front and rear adjustable sway bars

Holley Blue electric fuel pump

Edelbrock RPM head and intake

Barry Grant Demon carburetor

Hydraulic roller cam

Ford Powertrain headers

Spin tech mufflers

5 leaf mid-eye rear springs

Front contour coils

Front a-arms dropped 1" & cut 1/2 coil from springs

Car sits at 25.5" from ground to fender chrome on all 4 corners

Added-on all GT options. Gas cap, stripes, dash insert

The car was originally Fire-Thorn red with black standard interior.

Now is Acapulco Blue with Deluxe interior. Seats are done in the style of 1969 Shelby / Mach 1 with the comfort weave material.

Next on the list:

1) Rack & Pinion Steering

2) Front Struts Suspension

3) Rear Coil Over Suspension

4) Air Conditioning ( I live in Texas )

Hope this tells you a little. I'll be looking forward to visiting this forum again soon.

R....

http://www.marblesmotors.com

Oh first off my name is shawn , Im from Buffalo NEWYORK

Im married and have 2 kids ,work at Ford motor Co. stamping division

My first car i ever owned was a 1968 coupe 6 cyclinder, had it 3 monthes and kid rearened me totalling it , well a few years later during high school i bought a 1969 mach 1 from North carolina , that was back in 1985, well i almsot had it finished , but got disgusted in wrong parts and no having big enough garage, so i sold it with it about 90% complete, Its the yellow car i have posted here,Well after selling the car , which i had over 20 years , i honestly cried and said to myself what did i just do?? So i bought a complete 1969 mach1 just recently , Its the red one below

Its a 351w with original candyapple red, with white deluxe interior, built engine 3:89 rear end stall convertor , the car has fresh paint , but still nheeds some detailing and stuff , Heres some pictures, By the way this car has all its original body panels with no patches or replacement , western solid car 1106787208548_IMG_2390.jpg

1107061734826_IMG_2408.jpg

1106143345063_IMG_2394.jpg

1106787208548_IMG_2390.jpg

PDRM0179.jpg

Heres a picture of my wifes red 2004 mustang next to her 2 sisters mustangs they all bought them same week , especially since i get awesome deals working at ford :D

3stangs.jpg

I really didnt want to post picture of the engine in the red mach 1 because im more of a stock looking type guy , but heres engine , im gonna strip all the crome off and install original valve covers and air cleaner

1108053696793_IMG_2419.jpg

Welcome to the site shawn you mustang looks great. How much could you get a 2003 cobra for? :)

It's funny the guy i bought my mustang from looked as though he was ready to cry when handing over the keys. And it was no where near complete. Just goes to show you how much these cars mean to you once you own one.

Well we look forward to seeing more of your car and your posts.

Welcome to the site shawn you mustang looks great. How much could you get a 2003 cobra for? :)

It's funny the guy i bought my mustang from looked as though he was ready to cry when handing over the keys. And it was no where near complete. Just goes to show you how much these cars mean to you once you own one.

Well we look forward to seeing more of your car and your posts.

lol ,well i can only get you deals on new cars ,even 2005 gt mustang i can save you nearly 3 grand off on the new mustang , and like 5 grand off suvs and trucks

Ah, welcome brother, always nice to have another vert driver join the ranks. Even though we are all 69' enthusiasts around here, the vert owners are obviously out numbered, but it's always lonely at the top now isn't it. 8)

I visited here once in the past, and then put my energies into building my car. I'm not finished yet(is any car ever finished?), but I have just a few more major items to do to the car.

A bit about the project.......

I've gone through many phases of car / collector eras......I'm nearly 50....

I've had the Shelby's, Panteras, Bosses etc, but actually burned out on the hobby about 10 years ago when everyone was concerned about how much money their car was worth rather than driving/racing/enjoying them. I bailed out, sold everything and landed in some newer exotic cars.....BMW M5, Porsche 996TT, C6 Vette.

Fast forward to 2003.....wanted to get back into the hobby. Set out to buy back one of my old cars, but the current owners would have nothing to do with it.

http://www.marblesmotors.com/ShelbyGT3501969.htm'>http://www.marblesmotors.com/ShelbyGT3501969.htm

http://www.marblesmotors.com/CougarEliminator1970.htm'>http://www.marblesmotors.com/CougarEliminator1970.htm

Decided then and there that 1969 was far and away my favorite style of Mustang and set out to build my ultimate driving machine (no pun intended).

Goals: Decent paint (didn't care to be perfect), Fast drivetrain, Overdrive transmission, Big brakes, taut suspension, safe....well as safe as a 1969 can be. I started with a plain-jane convertible that was painted in the color combination that I wanted. I got really lucky here as the paint is really nice, and how often are you going to be able to find the color you want????? Found an Acapulco Blue / White convertible w/ 351-2v original. I wasn't concerned about the collectibility as far as options go etc, because I was going to change it around anyway. The car was originally an automatic with drum brakes and AM radio.....that was it....not even a power top.

You can follow along on the website for where it is today, but here is a brief rundown. http://www.marblesmotors.com/Mustang1969-1.htm'>http://www.marblesmotors.com/Mustang1969-1.htm

408 c.i. Keith Craft windsor

444 ft lb torque at rear wheels

381 hp at rear wheels

Tremec TKO 5 speed

3.50 Traction-lok 9" rear

18 x 9 Boyd Coddington wheels with 285/35/18 tires - rear

18 x 8 wheels with 245/40/18 tires - front

Baer Eradi-speed 2 piece 13" discs, front and rear

Stam-bar front and rear adjustable sway bars

Holley Blue electric fuel pump

Edelbrock RPM head and intake

Barry Grant Demon carburetor

Hydraulic roller cam

Ford Powertrain headers

Spin tech mufflers

5 leaf mid-eye rear springs

Front contour coils

Front a-arms dropped 1" & cut 1/2 coil from springs

Car sits at 25.5" from ground to fender chrome on all 4 corners

Added-on all GT options. Gas cap, stripes, dash insert

The car was originally Fire-Thorn red with black standard interior.

Now is Acapulco Blue with Deluxe interior. Seats are done in the style of 1969 Shelby / Mach 1 with the comfort weave material.

Next on the list:

1) Rack & Pinion Steering

2) Front Struts Suspension

3) Rear Coil Over Suspension

4) Air Conditioning ( I live in Texas )

Hope this tells you a little. I'll be looking forward to visiting this forum again soon.

R....

http://www.marblesmotors.com