Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Hi! Well i have an idea of what im building and i don't really have the funds to build it but im doing it. So what im doing is reto-modding a 1969 mustang coupe. Im making a custom body kit and will have a custom paint job. I alreay got the wheels but their a problem since im running 18x9 on all 4. Im also doing a suede interior and custom fiberglass console. All this by myself with a budget that is less than 0 because i maxed out my credit cards. I hope when it's finished i would get positive feedback on it and i think i will. I don't want to go into details because this type of mustang either has never been built this way or i have never seen it and will reveal it here when it's done.

ANY ONE IN THE SOCAL AREA I WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP AND TALK MUSTANGS!! MAYBE YOU CAN SEE MY PROGRESS...

hey

I thought maybe Id add a little to here. I already have a few posts hanging out there so here goes...

Im in pennsylvania actually the poconos on a big man made lake called lake wallenpaupack. Im 25 And work in IT.

Vehicles are my hobby. Ive had my 69 coupe for about 7 years been restoring it a little at a time when I could save up some money. My car I think is going to be black. I have blue seats. I think I am going with the 17" bullitt wheels. I am putting on a boss 429 hood scoop along with maier racing shelby scoops and ditching my chrome side mirror for the racing ones. My car currenty has the 250. But that is going too. I have a worked over 390 and a freshly rebuilt c6 that I am going to install untill I can get a toploader 4-speed.

My other toy is a 1974 toyota landcruiser FJ40 (looks like a Jeep wrangler, but alot stronger). Ive got a 4 inch suspension lift with a 3 inch shackle lift on it. It has 35x12.5x15 super swampers. With homemade bumpers and a swing out tire carrier (oh I do metal fab on the side). Its got lockers front and rear and upgraded birfields (like kingpins). It also has racing seats with 5pt harnesses and a winch and many more goodies.

So I think thats about it well all I feel like typing.

-Charlie

Shame on you for not having showing any pictures!! You think an IT guy would have a digital camera or something, heh heh only teasing. Welcome to the site and we are glad to have you. What kind of degree do you have if i may ask, im currently going to school for something similar. So i have a few questions on whether or not you had to goto grad school etc. You can private message me if you do not wish to post your life story here :)

Actually I posted from work and dont have any pictures on this laptop. I have many at home. I have a BA in Information Science Technology from Penn State. Focused in Integration but I have a vast background, as the option I picked you had to take may different classes. bswor- Let me know if you want to know more I can pm you. So dont worry pictures will follow. Hopefully this weekend.

The link below has some pics of the FJ40....

The suspension company used my Landcruiser for their catalog and for an add in some mags.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/pride_joy239.html

Oh cmon. Its not that bad. The thing is tough as hell. And the engine was designed by chevy. A toyota that was built in the 70's is much different than one today. Also the imports that drive me nuts are the honda civic's with the big wings (on a front wheel drive car I just dont get that) and the coffee can mufflers.

Im sorry i clicked on that link you posted ,All i seen was toyota all over ,Excuse me everyone while i got out and Kill somthing to cool off !!!!

now now now. play nice, i read the post and knew the link was to the FJ-40. watcha got against land cruisers anyway?

hello

Iam living in Sweden and I have a mach1 cobrajet 69 canyapplered ramair

and 4 speed. I have been restoring the car fore 4 years. Its wery difficuld to find parts. mery crismas to you all

sincarly

per

Welcome to the site Per!! Glad to have you here and we look forward to helping you out.

Shame on you 69mach1t5, lol, if he was to send his car to anyone it should be me :)

Hi to all. Another 69 Mach I from down under. Just took ownership of her in June, and am looking forward to learning more about her as I restore her.

Fell in love with Mustangs in my mid teens, '86,'87. Moved on specifically to '69 Fastbacks in the early '90s and have been searching for the right one since. In May I refinanced my house to do renovations and ended up with more than I expected. Found my '69 Mach I M code FMX Candyapple red, and couldn't let it go.

It's currently the wrong color with a 2V engine, but I have other plans.

Look forward to keeping in touch with you all.

I have included pics of the Mach, what she'll look like, and my two pocket rockets. Yes they are jap, but they're f%$&n fast.

PS Merry Xmas and safe holidays to all.

Hello all,

I just joined over at Stangnet and was invited here by Bnickel.

I bought my original candy apple red Mach 1 from a guy at a swap meet in Arlington, Texas in August of '93 for $1800. It was pretty rough.., no engine or tranny, most of the interior was gone, and the bottoms of the rear quarters were rusted out. But the engine bay was pretty solid, and so were the floor pans.

It was a base model 351W 2V, 3 speed manual, no AC, no PB, no options to speak of except it orignally came with a maroon interior instead of the more common black. When I picked it up I took it straight to the body shop along with my previous M code fastback, and told the shop to use anything they needed from the M code to fix the Mach. He cut the rear quarters off and grafted them onto the Mach 1. Outstanding job! It was absolutely gorgeous when I picked it up from the body shop.

I had just returned from working in Canada for 6 months where I had acquired the better part of a '69 428 SCJ (also Candy apple red) that was too rusted to restore. From that car I got a shaker hood and scoop, factory tach, clock panel, nodular 31 spline rear, front and rear spoilers, a complete interior (albeit black), fold down rear seat, console, and rear window louvers, all for $2000 Canadian (about $1600 US at the time).

I restored the interior to maroon, recovering the seats, dying a new black dash, installing a new headliner and carpet, and repainted the interior panels. I picked up a factory maroon manual console at Ford Carlisle.

I did a pretty straight forward restoration with a mild 351W with a Pony Carb Autolite 600, a T5, 1 5/8" coated headers, mild Crane cam, Twisted Wedge heads and Performer intake. Several trips to the drags and a couple of cross country trips from Washington DC to Dallas and back, and it still looked good! I used it as my daily driver for almost 2 years.

Then I did something incredibly stupid! I used it as my work truck while I built my house and tore it up! After sitting in the garage untouched for 4 years, I made a bet with a friend that I would have it on the road in 2 years.

I've lost the bet, but 3 years and the restomod bug later it now has a 408 stroker, big hyd roller cam, AFR 205 heads, port matched torker II intake, 1 3/4" ceramic coated headers, aluminum flywheel, centerforce clutch, tremec 5 speed with pro 5.0 shifter, nodular 31 spline 9" traction loc with new 3.7 gears, my own design coilover front suspension with double adjustable AFCO aluminum shocks, my own design R&P steering using the GM J-car rack, my own combination of brakes with 12.72x1.25 Wilwood front rotors on Wilwood aluminum hubs, Cadillac Seville rear calipers with Lincoln 11x.93" rotors, a Strange 1.125 master cylinder, and my own hydraulic clutch.

What's left before it tears up the road? The new aftermarket Proform/Quickfuel 750 carb runs way too rich. It's all new parts, but I piece mealed it together instead of buying a working one like a normal person would. It looks like the rear float isn't shutting off and gas just pours in. I'm planning on sending it to someone to set it up properly. Besides that, the front end needs to be aligned. There's a million cosmetic things it needs, and before I take it to the track, I'm putting adjustable shocks on the rear and adding a panhard bar, but I'll be driving it before I get to those things.

Whew! hope I didn't lose everyone...

Hello all,

I just joined over at Stangnet and was invited here by Bnickel.

[all the important stuff removed]

Whew! hope I didn't lose everyone...

Wow! Sounds like quite an accomplishment. I would love to see pics of all these mods and engineered items you've done. Have a link to your StangNet site?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!

-Stephen

Hi all, I too am new to this site. I have already posted pictures of my mustang in the Gallery. It's the bright yellow fastback. I bought her in July of 2004 and have not stopped working on it since. Let me know what you think. I am currently working on a website to detail everything I have done so far. If you have questions drop me a line. Hope you enjoy. All the mustang on this site I have seen so far are great. Some very good ideas too. thanks.

I was wondering who's yellow fastback that was. Great use of the gallery by the way by making sub albums. Welcome to the site! I was wondering what did you use in the picture below on the gauge pod and passenger dash. Is it homemade or did you purchase it?

IMG_0685?full=1

The dash panels were originally the woodgrain Mach 1 panels. It's really just a big woodgrain looking sticker over steel panel. I removed the stickers and had the panels polished. I then had a clear coat sprayed over them so they won't rust.

The rim's are 18x7 up front and 18x8.5 in the rear. They are all custom offset and backspacing. The tires are Nitto 55's. The front are 225/40ZR18 and the back 255/45ZR18. The car has 5 leaf mid-eye leaf springs on the rear and lowering springs on the front. It has been lowered about a total of 3 inches in front and 1 1/2 in back.