Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Guest Anonymous

Im Restoring a 1969 Mustang Grande. You can check my page atwww.cardomain.com/id/tdmach1

I have this car since 1995, now finally i have the time and money to restore it. I also own a 1970 Mach1 that need some TLC.

Hope you visitmy page. Comments are welcome. :P

Hey there my names kyle. I'm currently icollege for nursing :oops: . Everybody seems to have a good idea what they are doing with cars. I live in temple Pa. about 2 hours north of phili. (out side of reading actually). I'm what you would call a very experienced back yard mechanic. I'm 25, engaged to a girl that hate's it when i get under the hood of my cars cause i never stop till i get the job done (but raises a hissy fit if the cars arn't working) i've got a 69 2dr coupe with a 302 all origional i picked up for $300 the body is the only thing that is shot on it. and another one that I stripping for parts I got from an older lady for building a shed. plus a 66 stang with a 200 in it all origional i got for $2500. plus a 97 pontiac grand am GT, and a 00 blazer 4X4 with a car trailer (to haul cars for me and my buddies). I will hopefully have pics for yall as soon as I can get my website up. when I can't really tell. It all depends on when i get the time. :)

Welcome to the site Ktroxel. No shame in going to school for nursing. Or is there... heh heh. We look forward to seeing your progress especially the body work. If you have any questions we are open 24 hours a day 8)

Welcome ktroxel,

I hope you don`t mind burning the candle at both ends. You`re not going to have a lot of time until you`re done with school or during breaks.

My wife is finishing up nursing school right now and I don`t know how she does it.

Like bswor said, we`re open 24/7.

so post your questions and we`ll be glad to help.

John

My Name's Jared, I live in West Jordan, Utah (It's a suburb of Salt Lake City) I'm 26 Married with two boys, and I've owned my Pony since about 1995, when I inherited from My older brother. Origianlly came with a L6 250, 3 speed tranny, Wimbeldon White, with blue interior. Now it's primer gray and taken apart in my Garage. The 250 Blew the summer of 2000 and it's sat at my parents house until recently I was able to save up some cash and purchase a 302 to rebuild. I Finally was able to tear into the 250 last week and find the cause of the trouble, it seems the Cam broke right below the #5 piston, and the section about 3 inches long got knocked around in side the block until it knock two holes on either side of the block, one almost perferctly round. Never really heard of that happening.

My love of cars, especially Mustangs, has been taught to me by my father, who when he was about my age was a mechanic and gave it up to pursue other interests, but still loves to get his hands dirty. Me and him have had many a memorable expeirences in the years we've had this car. He's taugh me everything I know about auto mechanics, and I hope one day to have this fixed up and restored and be able to pass it along to my sons. My oldest which is 3 years-old, when you ask him "Who's car is that" (Pointing to the mustang) His only reply is "It's Mine!" He loves to sit in the drivers seat and pretend he's driving. He's still got 13 more years before that's even possible.

Here's a link to my site, it's not much, I do have more Pix but my camera is malfunction and I'm not able to D/L them.

When I get that fixed I'll update it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/rude69

My name is Rickard, I live in Sweden and work as an Application Engineer at a company suppling telecom companies with components such as connectors and cables.

I have 1969 Mach1 and I bought it in -93. I'm doing work on it every winter and enjoys it in the summer time when I take it to car meetings or just takes it out for a ride on a sunny warm day.

Found this forum by accident and I find it to be great, that's why I just registerd myself! Here in Sweden we a very nice club called Classic Mustang Club Sweden, http://www.mustangclubsweden.com/

It has a forum just like this one but of course it's in swedish, I gues none of you will get enything out of it :)

I will for sure put posts here in the future and who knows, maybe I can even help some of you guys with some helpful hints.

By the way, for those of you who knows nothing about Sweden. Interest for classic american cars is enormous here! There are lots of car meetings trough out the summer time. The biggest one is called Power Big Meet, take a look here: http://www.bigmeet.com/

About a couple of hundred mustangs alone and total around 10000 cars during the weekend.

Best regards

Thanks for welcoming me!

I'm a bit unsure how to add a picture to this post, however I try to paste a link to a site where I have a picture of my car

428409-Mach1.jpg

Hope it works...

i fixed it for ya;)

Hey I'm Kyle, I'm a 20 year old tech student at wyotech's chassis fab and high performance program and about to graduate and go back to sunny martinez ca.

I own a 1970 coupe which i have been working on since I was about 14 and have done more stuff to it than i would like to remember. I pretty much have done a frame off restoration minus the fact its a unibody and it has no frame. But since it was a teenagers first car you can imagine the amount of damge that has been inflicted to it. SO I am at it again starting from square one but going in with some fresh new ideas on how to restomod it.

Once i am done in wyoming i am going back to cali where I have a few job offers at respected street rod shops and plan to go at it from there. Other than that i guess I am just a Stang Junkie like every other stang owner I have met.

Pics of the stang Can't figure out how to post them

meangreen70.jpg

also fixed :evil:

Nice to meet you all. I am new here this is probably only my 5th time visiting this site. I'll begin when i was searching for my car at age 14. I had gotten my licesene and started working with my neighbor to get enough for a car. I later worked up 2000 dollars and found out my other neighbor had 3 stangs 2 of which were for sale and he would keep the one that wasnt sold. So i bought the 69 stang and now am working on the restoration process. My dad would have helped but i rather do it on my own and he is Chevrolet guy and I am a ford guy so we had our differences.

Hello All,

I live in Southern California, in a city called Highland, my name is Paul, I'm married with 2 kids. I work as a Code Enforcement Officer. The reason I'm here is that I own a 1969 sportsroof, that resembles a Mach. She has a 351 W, w/AOD, and presently awaiting installation of EDELBROCK Performer series, Cam, heads, intake and carb. The reason it's pending is cause I'm searching for headers and am not sure which ones to get.

I've had the car 6 years now, she's rust free and originally a Calif. car. She ain't the prettiest Stang out there but she isn't the ugliest. I'm kinda going for the restomod thing, going original costs way too much money. My first car was 1967 Mustang with a 302 v8, largest pile of crap I've ever owned. I was 18 at the time in didn't know a thing about cars. That car never ran right, drained my savings, but it was my first love, so what can I say.

Anyhow, I'll be here for much needed advise, hope you guys can help as I know some things about cars, but not the big stuff, all I know is that I love early model Stangs, always have, always will. My other car, my daily driver is a 99 Camaro SS, so don't hate me for that.

Anyways, I've rambled on, I apologize - Hello!

socal, welcome!! :D :D

live right out side of san bernidino(spelling)??.

well welcome to the board and i look forward to helping out when i can. i'm not the greatest machanic, but i've been around stangs since i first sat behind the wheel.

maybe post a question on headers for your 69 in the tech area and i'll fill ya in on what i know.

btw, how do you like the aod? what tv set-up do you have for it??

thanks for stopping by!

ps, my last car was a 01 trans-am, 1 of only 93 painted in blue-green camelion. only one with 6 speed and black leather. so you won't get any hate from me :wink: man i was stupid :cry: for getting rid of that car, but my daughter needed more room and it was time to up-size.

Thanks Trinitys,

Yup, Highland is next to San Bernardino, a stop for the infamous Route 66 car show.

I like the AOD, I lost some torque off the line, but top end is great. At 70-80mph, she cruises and doesn't drink much juice. I'll probable get the tranny adjusted after the rebuild and Edelbrock stuff is installed.

I'm not much of a mechanic either, usually I just pay to have things done on my cars. This vehicle is helping me learn much more.

Hi all-

I actually just stopped in to get a tech question answered, but what the hey.

I've got two Mustangs, an unrestored original '66 notchback with 48k actual miles (my baby, since I'm single) and a '70 fastback that I'm building into a fully prepared autocross race car. I've got a web site for the buildup if anyone is interested in how to spend a lot of money on a car that can't be driven on the street anymore. :D

http://home.comcast.net/~wrheadle/wsb

By trade, I'm a test engineer for a vehicle OEM.

Anyway, thanks for your minute and, if you've got a Boss 429, check out my other post and let me know if you can answer my question.

Later-

Bill

Hi

Jason Fecteau, live in Pedricktown NJ, 24, have a 1 1/2 yr old son Bradley

Have a 69 Mach1 Mustang with a 351C, 4spd, 3.55 locker. She's Burgandy Red with Magnum 500's. I've just finished a 408C stroker motor with an est 450 hp that I'm dropping in her this weekend. She's been off the road for about a year so I can't wait to take her for a spin. :twisted:

I had another 69 Mach that I bought when I was 15 but last year I gave that car to my brother who had just turned 17. It's a Standard 351 2V with minor upgrades, auto (C-4), that is about the same color as mine.

Also have an 03 F-150 Supercab 4x4, FX4.

:)

Forgot to mention I'm a member of the NJ Chapter of Mustanglife. I have a gallery over at there site. http://ml.truckmoxie.com/mygallery.ten?id=3754 Please take a look.

Hello I'm Steve. I officially joined about four days ago but didn't post anything. My father owns a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach I that has been modified through out. It has a 98 Plymouth Prowler Purple Pearl paint job with 20 percent added pearl so when it hits the sunlight the pearl stands out. I hope to get good information out of this forum. Ever since we purchased this car, it has been a total nightmare and we're still not finished with it. We have invested huge amounts of money into it and it still looks like a project car. Every shop we turned to claiming they did excellent high performance work and modification have lied to us(my father and me). All of the parts that we put in don't work for example, the carburetor that was put in when the engine was built by John's Mustangs and Classics in San Diego, CA didn't hold up we ended up rebuilding it three times and scrapped it. So we went to TPC Racing in Santee, CA and sold us a line that we needed to replace the carb and get a Holley Double Pumper and get a new fuel pump and line installed and we did that came up with problems there as well. First when he installed the new fuel hard line he tore up the inner fender well sheet metal because couldn't make a 90 degree bend with the hard line instead he could have used the the braided line with a 90 degree fitting. My father was very upset that day. Finally the carburetor ended as a total disaster. The carb only ran for good for a week and a half. Anyway, that was just one of the many problems we've had with restoration project.

Welcome to site steve. Sorry to hear that about getting ripped off. These cars do cost lots of money. Look forward to hearing more about you and your dads mustang!

Almost forgot to mention about your car 69mach1. Looks great and with that combo sounds like its a beast on the road. Keep us upto date on anything you do to it. And sign up for the gallery when you get some new pics and/or want to show it off!

san Diego, I’m in san Diego, maybe my buddies and I can help out??

Where do you live? I’m near terasanta area, by the stadium, qualcom.

let me know if you need help, I’d be glad to lend a hand.

I’m good at brakes, suspension, wiring ok at tuning and motor, but extremely familure with 69's so I’m sure I could help if needed. I have buddies down the road that is pretty good also, plus a guy who knows trannies pretty good.

Drop me an e-mail my name is Eric