Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Hello to all. I just had to join and say thanks to Trinity and the wealth if info on his site. The ride currently is a 1969 convertible 302/2bbl w/C4 triple black in color. All work done including paint I did myself.

The body and interior are in good shape. The drivetrain soon (next month) will upgraded to a 351W/AOD/ 3.90 rear. The idea is to have the body and interior look pretty much stock and have the thing go like a bat.

The engine is going to be done by Ford Cobra Engines.

Transmission and rear end by Revs.

The swap itself is going to be done by Pure Vision design.

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture along w/this text I will. Any help would be appreiciated.

Hello to all. I just had to join and say thanks to Trinity and the wealth if info on his site

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture along w/this text I will. Any help would be appreiciated.

this is bswors site, thank him. i just "work" here :wink:

this topic will help you out some with the pictrues, just as long as you currently have a place to host your pic. i.e. a current web address fot the pic. if you don't then bswor or i can host it for you no prob. there is also an option to creat your own gallery in our gallery area. feel free to browse the gallery for more info.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustangforum/viewtopic.php?t=64

as for this being my site, no i just hang out around here and help out, kind of like bswors forum elf if you know what i mean. i've actually been really busy lately, so i feel like i've not been helping out to my fullest potential. hopefully i'll get to play more after this week is done.

Anyway, thanks for the inteerest and if you need any info, we will do our best to give you a hand.

Please accept my apologies bswors. You've done quite a bit of work here and it's apprieciated.

Trinity, thanks for the offer to host the pic's for me. Can I just email them to you as an attachment?

Welcome to the site maddogla! Glad the information here is of use to you, i really think the site could use more information but not sure exactly what other info i could put.

Trinity my site is your site 8) You keep the forum going thats for sure.

Yeh maddogla if you want you can email me the photos or just goto the mustang gallery like trinity stated.

I bought my 69 coupe for $80 back in 1986 completed restoration about 1991. It was wrecked in the front end and had a seized motor. With the help of friends and family I slowly put it back together. I totally disassembled and reassembled the car replacing any and all metal/parts as necessary. The car was sitting in a chicken coupe for 10 years after being wreck and had a lot of metal damage.

• 351W 2-barrel
    FMX transmission
    Power Steering
    Interior light group
    Floor console
    Sport mirrors
    Hood scoop, front spoiler
    69 Mach I interior (red trim highbacks and carpet inserts)
    125,000 Miles - 20K+ since restoration
    Kenwood AM/FM Cassette, 4 X Infiniti Kappa Speakers, 250 Watt Alpine amp, Alpine Alarm
    69 GT steel wheels
    Oxford White Paint with a BOSS style C - stripe

stang2.jpg

I also have a 86 GT and had another 69 coupe (250-3speed) and a 79 Turbo 4speed.

69mustangwrckd.jpg

this picture is weekend I got it home.

redid: floors, wheel wells, quarters, rear valance, the entire interior except for dash and headliner (new dash pad), frame in front of motor mounts, radiator brakets, torque boxes, put on another car's hood/fenders/buckets. pushed shock towers apart and put in monte carlo bar and new 1 piece tower brace, new a-arms, motor had a piston in sideways - got it out and honed it and piston walls were fine :), rebuilt tranny & brakes The vinyl top was fine after i got a couple of small holes patched and it dyed.

Maybe it would have been easier to say what was original when I got it :)

By the way the auction I bought it had about 50 mustangs (all years) and most went for around 50-500 dollars (one 66 K-code conv. went for ~5K). Wish I had more money then.

Many thanks Trinity for posting the pic's for me. I went for a ride last night as it was nice and cool outside,car is running great, and I start think to myself that I just might be a fool to pull the whole drivetrain out.

By the time I got back home I'm thinking if I'm pulling it out anyway why not go w/the 5 speed instead of the AOD?

Here's how it breaks down,

-AOD incuding coverter and conversion kit 2000.00

-5 speed(from C4) conversion including pedals 3000.00

So goes this hobby.....lol

Any thoughts?

mdla

Hey everyone welcome to the forum. Tom, my SWMBO is from Cleveland, went to high school @ Cleveland Heights, parents moved to Bentleyville (around Chagrin Falls) 20 years ago, they live in Solon now. We visit Cleveland every 2-3 years, my brother in law is a season ticket holder to the Browns, much nicer stadium now I'm told. Glad to have you here in the forum. We'll be happy to help you if you have any questions.

Cheo

Hi! Looks like I'm the "new guy on the block"...at least for now. But I'm not a newbie to the world of Mustang. I first fell in love with 'em back in April of '64. I was 6-1/2 at the time. My Dad brought me home a scale model he got from the local dealer and, as they say, the rest is history.

I'm a married man, with a wife that loves cars, racing and Mustangs almost as much as I do (I consider myself quite lucky! :D ). I have two daughters and grandchildren and expect that my Mach will eventually be inheirited by my grandson. I hope he'll be able to afford gas for it by then!

We live in Logansport, IN ('bout an hour north of Indy) surrounded by corn and soybean fields. Decent vintage iron is few and far between around here, and most nice examples spend most of their lives in garages.

I've been turning wrenches for a living for about 29 years now, and have been employed at an agri/industrial equipment dealer for the last 15 years, the last year of which I've returned to the Service Manager position (but not by choice... :roll: ....I'd much rather be turning the wrenches)

I once owned a '73 Mach I, which I had been kicking myself for trading away, and currently have '95 V6 coupe. I just recently acquired a '70 Mach I...a rolling shell, actually...as a project car and have all kinds of ideas for it. I'm not a "purist" by any stretch so when I'm done it won't be stock for certain. If I have my way (and I will... :) ..) it'll look very much like a '69 Boss 302, only better. Well, it does in my dreams anyway...

Welcome to the site mymach! Great choice for a project. I'm not a purist either and i believe that alot of thing should be done different to these classics. Especially if all thats really left of the original car is the body. What good would it be to put it back to original if the parts are just coming from other cars? But anywho we look forward to seeing your project and hearing from you. Be prepared to spend 3x the amount that you originally intended on spending. Good luck with her.

welcome mymach, you just can't beat a 69 or 70 fastback especially if done to look like a boss 302. i have done all the 69 boss 302 blackout stuff to my acapulco blue 69 gt coupe. there is just something about about that shade of blue and flat black together that just turns me on. anyway, we'd all love to see pics of you car as soon as you get a chance to post some. even if it is just a bare shell.

Hi ; I am a NEW ZEALANDER who was brought up in AUSTRALIA and is now living in SWEDEN with my swedish wife.

Be 40 soon, 2 kids both girls, 2 and 4.

Work in the mines here in Sweden.

Thinking about buying my FIRST mustang a 69 Mach 1.

In Australia I had a FORD Falcon GT which was an Australan version of a 70 Mustang fastback with 351, 9 ´ gearbox, 4 speed.

Looks like a good site here so I hope I get alot of help and maybe ONE DAY can help someone else.

kom då nu, jag behöver lite hjälp

Rick

Hey folks, just thought I'd check in, I recognize a few names here. I came across this site looking for parts. My convertible got totaled on the last ride of the season in October by some ricer who was doing 65 in a 25 and decided to run the red light, t-boned me big time. I now am frantically trying to find the parts to fix it by summer since I refuse to part it out. As you probably know the vert parts are even more limited than any of the other scarce 69' ones. Any help I can come across will be greatly appreciated.

hey Pak, welcome. i thought i had invited you over to Ben's site once before, if i didn't i sincerly apologize. yeah this a cool place here, everyone here is into the 69/70 stangs pretty heavily and i thank Ben for starting this place up. good to see you over here

Hey folks, just thought I'd check in, I recognize a few names here. I came across this site looking for parts. My convertible got totaled on the last ride of the season in October by some ricer who was doing 65 in a 25 and decided to run the red light, t-boned me big time. I now am frantically trying to find the parts to fix it by summer since I refuse to part it out. As you probably know the vert parts are even more limited than any of the other scarce 69' ones. Any help I can come across will be greatly appreciated.

hay pak, welcome.......i haven't been here much lately, glad to see some more knowledgeably people show up to hang out. welcome to the board.

You might have B and I just forgot, been so preoccupied, no biggie, I'm here now to join the fun.

Hey Trinity's, boy you are a busy one across the boards eh?

I am surprised at how many folks use different names on different boards, looks like a good group here though.