Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

COME ON IN, SAY HI! TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF! HAVE A WEBSITE? WHAT KIND OF MUSTANG(S) DO YOU HAVE?? GIVE US A BRIEF HISTORY AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU STARTED OUT!!

POST PICS, IF YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE PUBLISH A COUPLE PICS SO YOU CAN SHOW-OFF YOU RIDE, E-MAIL ME!

MOST OF ALL SHARE YOUR INFO AND ASK FOR HELP IF YOU NEED IT!

GUESS I'LL START.

US NAVY MACHINEST MATE(MM2)

MARRIED(MICHELLE) AND HAVE 1 DAUGHTER(TRINITY)

LIVE IN SAN DIEGO, CA

MY CAR IS MY 3ED STANG AND I ALSO HAVE A 99 GRAND JEEP CHEROKEE(MICHELLES CAR)

1969 MUSTANG GRANDE, WIMBLDON WHITE WITH BLACK LUXURY INTERIOR. 351W DIXCO HOOD TACH, FACTORY REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER, 4 WHEEL BAER DISCS, AOD, 16X8TTII'S AND THIS

I RUN MY OWN MUSTANG SITE AND AM A MODERATOR FOR THIS FORUM.

I BELIEVE MY MUSTANG IS AN EXTENSION OF MYSELF AND I GET TO MAKE IT WHATEVER I WANT TO!

I PERFER PROTOURING/RESTOMOD TO CONCOURSE CARS ANY DAY, BUT HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR ALL MUSTANGS AND CLASSICS!

I TYPE IN ALL CAPS CUZ IT FASTER, I'M NOT YELLING, REALLY :wink:

I STARTED OUT IN HIGHSCHOOL WHEN MY BROTHER GAVE ME HIS 67 600 COUPE WHEN HE WENT INTO THE NAVY. I MANAGED TO BLOW-UP THE 6 BANGER. IN WENT A C-4 AND A 302. I REBUILT THE REAR SUSPENSION, ADDED 5 LUG 9' AND SO ON AND SO ON.

A FEW YEARS LATER, MY BROTHER WAS GETTING OUT OF THE NAVY, I GAVE IT BACK.

THEN I GOT MY OWN 69 COUPE.IT ALSO WAS A 6 BANGER CAR, ALL DRUM AND RUSTED BAD! SO HERE I WENT AGAIN, IN WENT A C-4 AND THIS TIME A 351W. I LOVED THAT CAR, IT TOOK ME THROUGH GRADUATION AND BEYOND.

THEN I WENT INTO THE NAVY. BUT I HAD NO LITTLE BRO TO PASS MY STANG TO. SO IT SAT THERE IN DEEP EAST TEXAS ROTTING FOR 3 YEARS. I FINALLY GOT A PLACE HERE IN SAN DIEGO AND HAD IT SHIPPED OUT.

WELL BY THAT TIME THE RUST HAD TAKEN OVER! I STRIPPED IT AND SENT IT TO SEE THE CRUSHER(SNIFF SNIFF)

I WAS THEN MUSTANGLESS! A YEAR LATER, I WAS SERFING E-BAY AND BAM! A 69 GRANDE WITH A 351W IN REALLY GREAT CONDITION. I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE LOCATION, A FEW MILES AWAY! I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT AND WENT TO SEE IT, PERFECT, EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!SO WE MADE THE DEAL AND 4 GRAND LATER I HAD A STANG AGAIN.

THIS TIME IT WAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT, I HAD TO HAVE IT TO GO TO WORK. I ADDED DISCS ON ALL 4 REBUILT THE SUSPENSION FRONT AND BACK FIXED ALL THE LITTLE STUFF ON THE INTERIOR ADDED A ROAD DEAMON AND WIEND STEALTH. NOW I HAVE A REALLY NICE DAILY DRIVER.

WELL.............AS OF OCTOBER, I GOT MY FIRST $4000 DOLLAR "CAR IMPROVEMENT LOAN" I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED TO MAKE IT HANDLE AND DRIVE LIKE I WANT.

RACK AND PINION BAER BRAKES, AOD SHELBY FRONT SUSPENSION DROP AND A FEW OTHER THINGS.

I'M CURRENTLY WAITING FOR THE FRONT BRAKES TO GET HERE. THEN A FEW MORE SMALL THINGS AND I'M GOING OTO RIP INTO IT. I'M GIVING MYSELF 3 WEEKS. I'LL TAKE PLENTY OF PICS AND ASK PLENTY OF QUESTIONS TO KEEP YOU GUYS ON YOUR TOES!

i'll have better pics later, but for now...................hover and click.its fun

http://www.trinitysmustangs.com/Mov223.swf

WoW great post. Let me see if i can do half that good.

Single and ready to... yeh we know the rest.

Currently working a small security guard job. (going to college in a few months) I have to get my car painted first right? So im going to work a little while longer and get it painted.

I live in pollock, louisiana (where? yeh exactly)

This is my first car. A 1969 coupe, paid $3500 for it 2 years ago. Came with the 351 cleveland :) and c-4 tranny. I didnt know much about mustangs when i got it. Just knew i wanted a 351. Car didnt have decent seats in it. So that was one of the first things i replaced. Got the car back from texas which was a 600+ mile trip one way. My dad drove the car home in 100 degree heat!! We had walkie talkies, i followed him in the family explorer with the a/c running. I also rubbed it in alot... lol cruel yes, but all in fun.

List of things replaced:

Seats, New dash pad, Heater redone, Torq thrust II's added, Front power disc brakes, Weatherstripping, Changed over to bolt in (70 style) glass, Just recently changed to power windows, Added deluxe humphugger console, New bumpers, The right alternator (instead of the GM that was on there??), New coils (1" drop coils soon to be installed) , new leafs in the rear, tranny rebuilt, Also put in a new radiator for a 390 incase i want to add a/c later on, and headers (hooker comp). Brand new flaming river steering box (manual) soon to be added. Cant afford that rack and pinion like some people.. lol

Other future mods: New cowl induction 3" hood coming soon. Racing mirrors to be put back on before paint job. Paint job of course and trunk rust repair done at the same time. Total suspension rebuild. Engine to be pulled. Engine bay to be detailed and all the supspension parts to be put on along with the steering box. Headers just get in the way. Other future mods include aussie 2v heads (currently have sluggish 351m! heads yeh they suck) and a 9" rear with a 3.50 posi chunk. Thats after all the beauty mods are done. Since i dont know when i will be able to do these once i start college.

Almost left out another expensive upgrade, kenwood exceleon cd/mp3 cd player. Its nice being able to store oh 175 of your favorite songs on one cd. And 2 kenwood excelon 6x9's. Also have 2 punch 12's and a 760 w pioneer amp. Soon to be selling those to a friend, i just like my hearing too much.

Oh and i run a website. You may have heard of it: http://www.1969stang.com

Look forward to hearing about your mustang!

I have a 69' coupe that I bought from the original family for $1,500. (I almost felt bad).--- The car still had the plastic headlight adjuster rings in the original bag sitting in the trunk. --- Anyway, it had the original bench front seat, white wall tires ect. So far, I have totally rebuilt the engine, did a T-5 conversion, ripped out the front bench and put 85 SVO seats in it. Installed front discs / calipers (4 piston) from a mid 60's t-bird, instaled an 8.8 rear with 3.73's and discs from a late model mustang..hummm what else...oh yeah, custom roll cage, 18x9 black bullitt wheels... and other small stuff. I hope to run in "Open track" events with the Nor-Cal Shelby club sometime when it's done...

I like the site, I hope it gets more traffic as it goes.....

My name is Russ Osborne. I live near Phoenix, AZ. Have a 69 coupe that I bought as a shell and am slowly gathering parts for. Plan on a basic restomod type car. I had one in high school in 1976-77 here in Phoenix and I finally decided it was time to get going on another.

Website is at

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500516/1

Not too much going on there yet. I am taking a welding course and then plan on building a rotissorie and then getting serious.

I am also known as russ69coupe on the other site(vmf)

i agree!! i love these cars!! my whole driving life has revolved around them!!

i do have to say, when you need help, come here! i've been almost where you are, not quite though. ..................

good luck and i look forward to seeing your progress!!

well here goes.i live in sulphur louisiana. i bought my 69 grande in jul. 81 for 800 it had the original 302-c 4 ac ps.i convereted it to a 351-c, c-6 in 83 put on factory disc brakes in84.daily drove it until 93 made a drag car out of it raced it until 02 best et 12.83 at 104 with a mild 351 c. quit racing started driving it daily again.slowly putting it back to full interior etc.

my name is matt leblanc i work at the local ford dealer as a tech. :D

Hi Guys,

As you can tell I'm an Aussie with an incurable passion for 69s...er um 1969 Mustangs....

My ride has been in resto for 6 years now; the last two of which have been with me.......the PO really left me some issues to work through :shock:

It's a Mach 1 351W 4V with a close ratio 4 speed toploader and I should have the first phase finished by Easter....the first phase means this resto.....but I have other plans...you know the drill.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers

I`ll chime in,My name is John Thompson, and I`m addicted to mustangs..... it`s been a while since I`ve been on and just (re) found this site. I` have a restored to factory specs `69 SCJ Mach 1 acapulco blue with gold stripes,PS, PB, Fold down seat.

52 K miles.

Been restoring Mustangs for about 20 years now.seems like yesterday I started.

Hope to help out wherever I can.

John

Thanks for joining, we look forward to your insight. Where are your pictures of your car?? Email me them and ill put them up in the gallery :?

We still dont have a big following as of yet.

Hey, im new to the board and I have a 69 GT Coupe. I live in San Luis Obispo, California and I got my stang in October. It has a 351w (dont be fooled by the sticker on the air cleaner) and I just got done replacing the FXM tranny with a C6. Overall I guess its a pretty good car and I got it for $2000. Im new to cars in general and im in an Auto 2 class at my high school. Heres some pics.

DSC00367.txt

DSC00576.txt

DSC00578.txt

I REALLY LIKE THE 69 COUPE, ESPECIALLY A GT!! I LIKE IT A LOT! SO WHATS YOUR FUTURE PLANS FOR THE STANG? IF ITS RESTOMOD, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 101 PROJECTS FOR YOUR MUSTANG, AWESOME BOOK!! YOU ALSO CAME TO THE RIGHT SPOT!! IF WE DON'T KNOW, WE CAN FIND OUT!! BEST OF LUCK AND ITS AWESOME TO SEE NEW GUYS TO THE HOBBIE! HAVE FUN WITH IT AND ASK AWAY WERE READY!!

PS, WE HAVE ALOT IN COMMON, I STARTED OUT WITH MY FIRST IN HIGHSCHOOL AUTOSHOP 1 AND 2.

I'll try and do as good as the above posts:::

I spent 20+ years in the Army, retired now :). I still work for Uncle Sam, Trinity,, thank you for your service <S> (salute).

I own a 1969 Mustang GT, originally an east coast car, I bought it in 2000. I had a lot of the original metal replaced, I bought it mainly because of the drive train; rebuilt engine, trans, diffs, brakes, etc... most of the work was done by the "House of Cobras" (they have a specialty website) all it needed was body work. I researched it and found that the original owner was right when he posted it as a GT, this is one of 475 Raven Black Mustangs offered in 69; Who knows how many Raven 69 GTs were produced..Anyway, this is a driver, not a show car!, I drive it to the golf courses in Tucson as much as I can. I drive this thing a lot, probably more than the insurance companies would like, but like I said, it is a driver. I have a 429 block sitting in my garage that will eventualy make it into a 69 Mustang or 32 Ford, I'm still decinding on this. I hope this site takes off big, the 69 Mustang will continue to be a "big" seller, it deserves a website of its own....

Cheo

http://members.cox.net/69gt/WEBPAGE.htm

Cheo, first i want to thank you for your service to our country! :D

Next i want to say DAMN, i like black and your car is one of the reasons.

i think i've been to your site before, infact it was already on my links page. Good luck on your ride and i wish i could join you in Tuscon, but it's not looking good.

i love you ride!!

Hey nice site you have here. As requested let me introduce myself. I'm Dave Bickler, an old guy (57) from eastern Ohio. I have owned my '69 since the day it was built, Dec.17, 1968. It's a 428 SCJ Mach 1. You can check it out here:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/518573

I'll be checking in here often and look forward to talking about our favorite year Mustangs.

DragPack if you're asking where I live, Toronto is a small town on the Ohio River due west of Pittsburgh, Pa and about 50 miles south of Youngstown. I'm assuming the Mahoning Valley show you refer to is around Youngstown somewhere but I am not familiar with it. What is or where is "QS&L"? My car should be back home from the restoration shop the first part of May. I may make it to a few shows but since the car has 4:30 gears and I don't as yet own a trailer I'm not sure how far from home I will take it. I'm going to the Columbus Swap meet tomorrow and will be stopping at Signature Auto to check out the progress. Thanks for the reply.

Guest Anonymous

hi my name is Bryan and i'm an addict. it all started for me in 1984 with the purchase of my first car a 1969 mustang gt coupe and it's been downhill ever since. i am registered with mustangers anonymous and am currently on the 12 step program and the patch. my car (the same 69 gt i've had for 20 years) is still in the resto stage, has been in some form or another since i bought it, i hope to actually have paint on it sometime in the next year. it was originally lime gold with black vinyl top and ivy gold standard interior, 351-4v, fmx automatic, ps, pdb, ac, console, visibility group, tinted windows, am/fm radio, passenger side clock, and remote driver side mirror. when it's done it will be acapulco blue with black top and blackout hood, black deluxe interior, 351 fuel injected long rod roller motor, aod trans, power rack and pinion, 4-wheel disc brake lincoln versailles rear. it will have numerous suspension mods, many of which trinty's is doing to his car. it will have power windows that use the factory window cranks and power locks, power trunk release, rear window defogger, tilt column, cruise control, power mirrors and the front buckets are from an 86 gt that will be recovered in the 69 deluxe pattern. it's going to have the 69-70 shelby decklid and sidescoops and the wheels will be 69 gt wheels in 15x7 & 15x8 or maybe 15x8 all the way around. i have all kinds of other little things planned for it too, but other than the shelby pieces it will look just like a concourse resto, but i'll be driving the hell out of it, no trailer queens for me. my name is Bryan and i'm an addict

Hello

Dave I remember talking to you a while back on VMF I think.

The Mahoning valley mustang show is held at Quaker Steak & Lube is Sharon PA. This year I think it`s on 7-15 or so,I`ll get more information to you as we get back from Columbus .

Would be great hooking up with another Drag Pack owner.

Welcome bnickel, there`s no hope of fixing our addiction!!LOL!

Talk to ya soon,

John