Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Hello everyone, I have a 1969 mach 1. It has a 351 and a 4spd toploader tranny. It ran pretty good for about two years. Now i have a 302 to run temporarily as I start a buildup on a 393. I haven't done too much to the car. I've had too much fun with it to start restoring it. Its a 20/20 car right now. I bought a different project to work on in the mean time. Great to see somewhere that sole supports my favorite era of mustangs. Pictures will have to come later.

[/img]

Just bought my dream car 69 fastback. quarters gone, 302 is almost dead, manual brakes, manual steering, and interior is shot but i love it. found this site before i bought it and already learned tons. New sheetmetal, 351 stroker, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, suspension, interior and then im done!!

Hello 19mach69 and sg465 welcome to the site. Sorry for not replying to this thread sooner. The software doesnt show that there has been any replys plainly enough :shock:

sg465 sounds like you got some work ahead of you. But i like what your thinking of doing with it!

19mach69 wanna trade? :) Let us know when you get to workin on the 393, sounds awesome. And get us some pics!

Guess I should introduce myself. My name is Bob and I'm a Mustang fanatic. Have been since about 14. I own a 1970 fastback that I've had for ten years. When I got it, it had a 302. I swapped that for a 351 and later a 460. I'm now going to do a 351 stroked to 427 and a manual tranny. Just haven't decided which one. I don't claim to be the most knowledgable person about Mustangs, but I think I can help a little. Eric(Trinitys) showed me the site. Looks like it should be fun.

Guess I should introduce myself. My name is Bob and I'm a Mustang fanatic. Have been since about 14. I own a 1970 fastback that I've had for ten years. When I got it, it had a 302. I swapped that for a 351 and later a 460. I'm now going to do a 351 stroked to 427 and a manual tranny. Just haven't decided which one. I don't claim to be the most knowledgable person about Mustangs, but I think I can help a little. Eric(Trinitys) showed me the site. Looks like it should be fun.

Wow ten years and all those engine swaps. I like the 427 stroker idea. Maybe one day down the road i'll do something similiar, i look forward to hearing more about it when you get started. On this site it doesn't matter your knowledge on mustangs, we are all here to learn and get help or give help. I rely on Eric to do most of the technical help. I'll admit i do not have awhole lot of mustang knowledge. It's a learning process every single time i do something on the car. I'm just lucky to have people to help me who do know what they are doing heh heh.

Oh and by the way Welcome to the Site!!

I'm just lucky to have people to help me who do know what they are doing heh heh.

Hope your not talking about me, cuz I just make stuff up as I go :wink: . Just kidding, I really don't know too much either, I just keep the references close and think its fun when I get to help out people who are in need.

I know mustang70 personally, if I don't know I ask him, if he don't know we call Gram :wink:

hehehehe, that is funny BSWOR just have to keep people with sharp objects far away from me :D

eric, i was just being a smart ass that's all. you know me. speaking of gram have you heard anything from him on the new suspension yet? i saw his post on SN about his dash panels, that really looks sharp. more inspiration for me to get busy with my wood veneer project, too bad i have so many other projects going on right now and the interior stuff is going to have wait a little while

Gram is getting some stuff CNC'd at a local shop in Havasu. I think they've almost got the balljoint problem figured out.

I'm still in the research(dreaming) phase of the 427. I'm slowly gathering parts for everything. Don't want to reveal everything before I have it.

Right now the combo I'm thinking of is AFR 225 heads, a Comp roller cam speced out at .670/.704" lift and 270/284 duration, Edelbrock Pro Flo fuel injection, and Hedman long tubes. Although this might take a back seat right now since I got a new toy today. :D

Glad to join this site. My name is Max and I've been in the Mustang hobby much to long to count the years. I've strayed outside the Blue Oval but seem to wander back in the fold. I've even strayed 'inside the Blue Oval'...that is, going to the newer dohc Cobras, but my heart beats so much faster and livelier with the early stangs. I've been through a few...restoring, admiring, driving them and as of now, two keep me satisfied. They are my '69 meadowlark Mach I 351 M code with A/C, Auto, etc. My other is an early '67 GT 350, #0029. Both are in restored condition, but they're not prima donnas....I live in the country and both cars get driven....the Mach I is my sunny day driver. The '67 gets its guts wrenched out on the farm to market roads.

Take care,

Max

Just found the site and just found a car.....I will have tons of questions along the way.

My name is Tom, I'm 23, I live in Cleveland,Ohio.

Things I have:

94 Ranger (Daily driver)

95 Mitsu Eclipse (Modified)

and last night I picked up an amazing Mustang. I'm assuming it's a 1969 due to the headlights. The owner isn't sure and didn't car. It's a Florida car, up in Cleveland for 5 years at which time it was stored in a barn under a cover.

Very solid, but it had an engine fire on it's journey up here.

But personally I'd rather deal with engine fire repairs then Cleveland salt damage. :lol:

So anyways, it's nice to join and I plan on being a Mustanger.

While I don't have any older Mustang expiriance I do have plenty of fox body expiriance over the years.

My friends latest project that we banged out over the winter was a 91 Nissan 240sx with a supercharged 5.0 in it. Stock tires and motor running 13.10s burning tires......Very fun street car.

See you guys around the forums.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Dragpack,

I live in Willoughby, so really I'm not far at all. I also have a fried that has a 65 that we painted over the summer. Very nice car, I have yet to tell him the news of my car yet. As he works 3rd shift every day.

Know of any swapmeets or anything like that coming up?

I guess I'm the newest member here. I own a '69 fastback, it was my very first car, and I don't ever plan on selling it. It went through a lot of different combinations in the 17 years that I've owned it. Right now I'm trying to fix the "sins of my youth" and put an A/C system back in it. I tore out the original way back and threw it away when I decided to make it a "race car"! Oh well, a little older, a tiny bit wiser. Also building a 408W stroker for it, and have a Lentech AOD with a 'brake waiting to go in behind it. Still like to race, just with the A/C on now!