Sign in to follow this  
Flanders

Bluetooth radio only

happy I can actually access the site today.  I've searched and seen various topics on the matter, but wondering any long-term reports or suggestions on car radio's.

I have very little interest in an actual am/fm radio in my mustang.  The exhaust is too loud :D and I really don't mind cruising with engine noise only, it's part of the appeal!  However, I have another classic (Fairlane) which is much quieter but has no stereo whatsoever.  I'm looking at adding speakers and turning them into a big "bluetooth speaker" so it would only work with a phone.

Anyone have experience with a product like the Velex VX508?  It was recommended by some folks with UTV's.  Basically you pair your phone with it, and it provides an amp so you can hook some car speakers up to it.  I don't want a regular am/fm radio, I just want the ability to get my spotify (or whatever) on my phone going right to my car's speakers.  Seems to be a lot of junk products on amazon, so was hoping for recommendation.