Spider69

Powermaster alternator 8-47101

Hi all, I just bought a new alternator for my 69 mach one.

I bought a Powermaster Street Alternators 8-47101 with integrated regulator.

Checked the wiring info available and here enclosed, but need some help, I'm not an electrical wiring system specalist

In the document attached it seams there is not a lot of things to adapt, but I know that things are never so easy.

Does someone has experienced and installed this alternator or a similar one with regulator integrated ?

Thanks in adance for any advice

Regards

Chris 

I have no direct experience with Power Master, but the good news is that this particular one appears to be 100 amps, so if you want to run a V-belt it is still low enough amperage to do so. FYI, when you go bigger it needs a dual v-belt or a serpentine belt or it can slip and squeak. A serpentine usually requires electric fans that pulls lots of amps (>20) and sucks up a lot of the amps. Its a rabbit hole I prefer not to go down.

A potential down side is that it is one wire, not 3G. 3G stands for third generation, and one wire alternators are a newer version yet. Most people agree that 3G works best on our cars, giving more charging at lower RPMs and stable voltage. I recently read a post by a well known tuner who claimed that the electrical noise on a one-wire (electrical spikes and dips in voltage) cause problems with aftermarket EFI systems that are of course electronic and very sensitive to power fluctuations. That's all I've got. Let us know how it works out.

I installed that exact Alternator and haven't had any issues with my 70 Mach 1.  I installed it as per the manufacturer's  instructions but did it with an American Autowire harness.  I don't have the car here at the moment, but to my recollection, you just install one wire from the starter solenoid to the alternator.  I just use one v-belt and have had no issues on very limited usage of it.