Have a MSD 6200  from when my car was an automatic. Now that it has a manual thinking of upgrading to a Ultra 6Al (6423)

Does any one know if the power output is greater ? Looking for a Rev limiter mostly.

Other thoughts ?

Since they raced our cars back in the day without electronic ignition systems, just using the stock coil with points and a condenser, it seems the only thing the electronic systems do is add complexity (something else to fail) and lighten your wallet. I'm not saying they don't work, they just aren't really needed. However I do see the need for a rev limiter, and that was an option even back then. 

All of that being said, I see that Pertronix sells the 600 Digital Rev Limiter, but I have no particulars on it.

I ran the pertronix billet distributor for a few years.  It's definitely taller than stock, and it worked great...until it didn't, because the pertronix ignotor module inside needed replacing.  I have my Holley ECU controlling spark now (with MSD box) so I've added more complexity :D but maybe the petronix modules are more reliable now (that was 10 years ago).

If you go the pertronix route, it's more cost effective to use your factory distributor and replace the guts with the pertronix module. 

I've been running a MSD 6AL2 for about 10+ years.  Works good with zero issues.  I have a very built 393W that revs to 7,500 rpm.  I use a Crane Pro Billet distributor (no longer made) and a MSB Blaster coil.