Machspeed

Trunk Lid And Spoiler Mounts

Probably a stupid question but, wondering if trunk lids differed between those that received spoilers and those that didn't. I ask because I have an OEM trunk lid and OEM rear spoiler. The trunk lid is deformed at the mounts with no underlying support. You have the outer skin and the inner skin separated by about 1/4".  Even with the correct brackets, this seems like a rather cheesy setup and now one that I have to figure out a fix for. 

IMG_6995.JPEG

IMG_7123.JPEG

My trunk lid is OEM as is the spoiler, both original to the car. Unfortunately, my car is an early 69 build and does not have the oval cutout. I do have a bracket but it is not like that and does not protect the deck from what has transpired in the pictures above. If I recall correctly, the owner that bought the car new had the dealership install all the spoilers and window louvers. Anyway, bought an aftermarket lid tonight that has the correct cut out for that bracket. Keeping my fingers crossed that the aftermarket lid is a good one.