OttawaBoy69

Shifter button?

Hi boys!  Brand new on here and am pretty excited as I just purchased a 1969 Mustang convertible.  I’m just wondering if anyone knows what this button is here in the shifter console (auto)?  I asked the previous owner but he didn’t know and I’ve done searches but nothing seems to come up.  Even other pictures don’t seem to have it.

Thanks in advance,

steveIMG_8374.thumb.jpeg.b6b6038fcc6fb413b6bc93d7b64f6494.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Midlife said:

That's definitely not stock.

Oh ok!  I'm just in the process of re-doing the interior over the winter as it needs some love. The rest of the car is solid. It just looked like these buttons were factory and not aftermarket but I couldn't find any info on it. I removed the middle console which had the wires all hidden as I'm replacing the carpet co that's why the wires are all exposed currently.

Passenger ejection seat. At least that's what I'd use it for. 

Just follow them wars to the prize. Good chance is not connected to anything after all these years. 

Welcome to the forum Steve, I take it you're from Ottawa. Most of us gezzers like to see pics of other's Mustangs, how about you post up a few, regardless of condition? 

33 minutes ago, RPM said:

Looks like real nice work. I  do like the hood blackout. 

I’ve got lots to do over the next 5 months while it is stored in the garage. Will likely have more questions as I’ve never owned anything this old so should be a fun ride regardless.  Lots of learning!

That is the ejection seat button…….  

Welcome to the forum, I see you have a convertible, I also have a 1970 convertible, so feel free to send any questions you may have my way.

You can also look at my thread in the forum under 1970 convertible restoration