RogerC

Bandwidth issue

On 11/1/2023 at 9:49 AM, RPM said:

That was a pretty good run without getting the bandwidth exceeded notice. In fact I kinda forgot about that issue until I saw the notice. 

It seems that at the end of the month we run out of bandwidth. He is attempting to guess how much he needs to buy. We were only down a couple of days this time, so he's getting closer.

Glad to see the site back up! Seriously need to do something about this. To my knowledge, this is the only 69/70 Mustang website and there is a wealth of knowledge here. Would really hate to see it go by the wayside. What do we need to do to resolve this once and for all?

Is something like a “Captcha” confirmation a possibility on every post?  I know it would be an irritant to the regulars but this is getting painful and ridiculous.  I love this forum and hate to see this abuse continue.  Just thinking out loud in a pist state……

Seeing how every Russian bot that posted today, and there have been a $hit ton today, all joined at least one year ago. Some joined 5 years ago. 

Can the forums, individually or enmasse, be locked, locking all threads and preventing creation of any new threads. I would be ok having everything locked till the issues can be addressed. It might also stop the russian bots completely. I would think the site wouldn't get shutdown but everything would still be viewable. Would that work?

I am about to switch the hosting over to amazon web services in the next few days for some bandwidth breathing room.   Then I'll have to work with the forum software customer service to make the upgrades compatible with a new version of PHP so we can finally secure the website away from the bots that have been eating the bandwidth.  The current hosting company has been less than useful unfortunately.