RogerC

Bandwidth issue

What needs to happen to fix this running out of bandwidth problem? We need to fix this cause, and I'm sure everyone agrees, having the site shutdown for bandwidth every month is starting to suck.

I've got a few guy's emails and phone numbers that I contact when things go south. If anyone would like to share your info with me I'll keep you informed with what little I know. 

I always check on the donation amount to see if more is needed. We always seem to be plenty over the target amount for the month though. Not sure what amount we need to avoid this problem but never-the -less I added more.

Hey guys a bot hit the site and I had tech support take care of it.  The donation amount is busted and always shows that amount.  Currently the ads don't cover the costs anymore.  It's close but not quite there.   So anything you donate will sit in the PayPal account to pay the bill.  I'm currently in the process of moving and other big life changes (Fiancee), which is why it took so long to take care of this.  Sorry for the delay.  

I'll monitor the Bandwidth this month and see of a plan upgrade is necessary. 

Thanks for your patience 

Thank you sir.  The forum software needs a update as well which also has a fee, so donations will go towards that if our license has expired. I will also explore another option.  Which is to let the forum software company host the site which could eliminate these type of problems and spam.  

Up at the top left, Store, Donations, and click the donate button. You need a PayPal account. If enough people donate the amount doesn't need to be large... but I lets face it, most people do not donate.

When the site was down for an extended period and no one could contact Ben, I asked one of my kids to look at the site in a public- non intrusive way. They have access to a report that can be run on any site that will tell it's activity, and the site doesn't have to be up and running. She said that this site gets lots of activity and many other sites would be envious- we're talking thousands of hits. It seems to be mostly for pictures, wire diagrams. etc. People are looking for information- just like we are, but they aren't willing to pay for the knowledge gained. I'm sure Ben would be grateful for any donation. He doesn't make any money running this site- he looses money. I'm just grateful that he takes his time and money to provide this service. So guys, if you like the content and it has helped you personally, and you want it to continue, then donate based on how it has helped you.