DocWok

Pie-Cut Hood

I'm looking to make the scoop functional as a cold air intake on my 69.

Have looked at the few pictures on the net, but they are usually taken at an angle so hard to gauge an accurate measurement of the pie-cuts.

Would anyone have a hood with factory cut outs that they could put a tape against the holes to get a clear picture.

It's a long shot I know, but worth to ask just in case I get lucky.

Pardon the crude drawing. Took all measurements from the center of the pie cuts. Meaning that 22 1/4 is from the center of the pie cut on the cuts closest to the front of the hood. It was just getting messy. Mirrored measurements are all the same. All the pie cuts are the same size, the lengths of the two sides shown are if the lines continued straight instead of curving. The shapes of the forward two cuts are different on the radius, which you can see on the photo Ridge sent. If you have to cut the underside of the hood for the turn signals, those rear two oval measurement will be different from the top of the hood shown here. 

1969 Mustang Hood Cutouts.jpg

Here is how I did mine back in the 80's before I'd ever seen dimensions ... or an actual Ford cut out on a '68-69 Mustang.   

Got the idea from the 1969 Fairlane/Torino Hood and related parts drawing in my Mustang Illustrations Catalog ... pdf of this is also below.

Doug

Ram Air Hood Cut Out.JPG

HOOD & RELATED 1969-70.pdf

53 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I used to have a couple of 68 69 cobra torinos ,the hood cut out is the same as the mustang 

I figured it probably was, but had never seen one out in the wild other than that drawing back at that time.   I think mine actually looks better in that all 4 holes are symmetrical !!

Doug