Ridge Runner

60 70 rear seat side panels .

Hey Folks!

Just jumping on this thread before the next bandwidth collapse to show my appreciation and HUGE tip-of-the-hat to Jim and these astounding quality interior panels he's made!  My set showed up in perfect order with a new set a hockey stick trim and they all fit perfectly!  SO much better quality than the old factory parts!  Thanks for (another) awesome set of parts Jim!

Copb8,

They will fit any version of fastback 69-70.  There are very slight differences between 69-70 versions but they are easily accommodated.  The graining is different than the originals but that was no big deal for me as they look outstanding and a matte interior finish color makes that hard to detect as well.  The quality of these parts in comparison to even pristine original panels is night and day!  I simply could not be happier with the purchase!

On 9/2/2023 at 6:03 AM, copb8 said:

Ridge Runner, do you have a facebook page or website you sell your pieces on?

Do your rear side panels work on a 70 Mach 1? Have you determined pricing?

My sail panels finally got to Adelaide a couple of weeks ago - Thanks Jim. Great job!
Would you be interested in looking at the 69 Fastback front seat back. I believe they were fiberglass?  TMI have repos so I could get them sent to you to use - I'm sure yours will be so much better with the texture, etc

Cheers, Jon

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

They are actually plastic ,i may have a set here somewhere. .i found a pretty nice set of windshield pillar trim i would like to make in fiberglass 

I'll be your first paying customer for a set of those. 

I'll have to be the third one then Jim!

What do you recommend to prime the white gel coat on the sail panels? I'm getting ready to paint my original panels (DarkRed) with acrylic so wondering what primer to use. Locals say use a plastic prep as used on bumpers followed by normal primer or an epoxy primer. Trying to keep the texture too...

Hmm, gel coat is a polyester resin, and Sem has at least half a dozen products, but they are for plastic or vinyl, so what would you pick? 

39362 Sem Soap

38343 Vinyl Prep

38353 Plastic & Leather Prep

38363 Sand Free- if type of plastic is unknown

39863 Plastic Adhesion Promoter

77723XXX Adhesion Promoter

Here is a SEM video: SEM plastic paint prep