Sign in to follow this  
jjstang

Washer pump ground

Where did the factory connect the ground wire for washer pump?  I rewired with AAW and it didn't provide a ground wire, no big deal.  Just trying to figure out the best place to connect the ground wire. 

Of course, any convenient chassis fastener will work. But looking at mine just now, the pump motor has a 2pin connector, with one green wire and one black. They both disappear into the wrapped wiring harness and it sure looks like they both end up in the bulkhead connector on the firewall. Funny thing is, none of my documentation shows the black wire. It's shown as a generic "ground". My wiring is OEM original and unmolested - maybe I'll take a closer look and see if I can trace the black wire when time and energy allow. Or maybe somebody smarter already knows.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I kinda assumed looking at my old harness. I been putting an effort to eliminating wires under the hood so finding something inconspicuous is a goal. Thinking under a water bottle fastener against the apron. 

I just did my AAW wiring, and I put it just a little back from the washer bottle about 3/4 of the way up.  I also routed the marker light ground there and attached it.  It's visible, but is next to the bottle so not that noticeable.