Since a lot of the various gas caps say they are for 65-73 mustangs, does that mean that this one will work on a 70 convertible, even though it specifically says it's for 71-73 mach1?

https://www.kentuckymustang.com/gas-cap-pop-open-1971-1973-acp.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjww4-hBhCtARIsAC9gR3au-2AADqUEM4hRygpqT-K7GZPRh7HQyYavkQA6O_7jVxCIh4aPStAaAqhUEALw_wcB

On 4/10/2023 at 6:40 PM, dmdsprite said:

Got an answer from Kentucky mustang... Screw on caps work for all years.  Pop open caps are year specific, due to the different curvature of the rear of the car, where they mount. 

yes, this makes sense.  69 has concave panel but it is flat where the fill tube goes in.  70 has a flat panel.

On 4/13/2023 at 3:10 PM, TexasEd said:

yes, this makes sense.  69 has concave panel but it is flat where the fill tube goes in.  70 has a flat panel.

On 4/14/2023 at 1:53 PM, maxum96 said:

I had a buddy years ago use a 71-73 flip open gas cap on his 1970 Mach 1.  It was a bolt on.

s-l500.jpg

Interesting. If 71-73 is flat, and 70 is flat, I'd think it should work on a 70. I just like the clean look, not introducing other colors that might not look great with the paint color. 

6 hours ago, dmdsprite said:

Interesting. If 71-73 is flat, and 70 is flat, I'd think it should work on a 70. I just like the clean look, not introducing other colors that might not look great with the paint color. 

He also had to deal with the honeycomb Mach 1 panel and it fit with that in place.