Sign in to follow this  
EastYorkStang

Holley 12-305

12 hours ago, EastYorkStang said:

Has anyone used this pump when converted to EFI ?

No need to run a return line.

I have been using one over 3 years on one of my cars. It works, but the pump itself is a little noisy especially when the fuel level is low. It should be easy to install a better pump on the pick up assembly when/if the pump part fails. It also reads the fuel level decently.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:35 AM, aslanefe said:

I have been using one over 3 years on one of my cars. It works, but the pump itself is a little noisy especially when the fuel level is low. It should be easy to install a better pump on the pick up assembly when/if the pump part fails. It also reads the fuel level decently.

What F I unit are you using ?

On 3/29/2023 at 7:35 AM, aslanefe said:

Have you ever had vapor lock without a return? Is it ever driven in stop and go traffic, or maybe turned off for a short period and won't start?

4 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Have you ever had vapor lock without a return? Is it ever driven in stop and go traffic, or maybe turned off for a short period and won't start?

It is on my daily driver; I use it to go to work, shopping etc. Did not encounter any of those but I do not live in Atlanta downtown traffic kind of city.

I've been running one for about six months with a Holley Sniper setup.  Not racing, just playing (first ticket in twenty five years too).  It has worked great.  I don't notice the noise over my exhaust note (listening to that exhaust note is definitely why I got the ticket).  Just realize you will have to replace all fuel lines with high pressure hoses when you make the change. 

Kyle T