Salem7

1969- no brakes. 302 factory front disc

Over the winter i hve been doing some work.  One of the projects was replace the what were probably original rubber flex lines for the brakes.  Last summer ( My first with the car) the brakes worked perfectly..  During the change I discovered tahat some P.O. had "spliced" the line to the rear brakes with a brass compression fitting.  I relaced the line and installed a correct union and line. One line to the left front caliper was corroded so that was replace.    That is all I changed.  Now I cannot get any brake pressure.  I have bled and bled brakes, good fluid flow, no leaks.  The pedal goes to the floor and get a tiny bit of braking action near the floor.  What am I missing.  Everything worked fine before the change.  Suggestions welcome

1 hour ago, Salem7 said:

The pedal goes right to the floor with no resistance.

This is an all FORD original parts brake system? OK so probably take a look at the ' no resistance.'?  Really sounds like a Master Cylinder failure.  Inspect; brake push rod connections and in-out function.  Brake booster pedal test (Shop Manual) and vacuum readings?  Caliper pads are moving as well as the brake shoes? Poke around you'll get it.  Brian

Try unbolting the master cylinder & pull it forward a little & make the back seal in the master cylinder is not leaking fluid into the brake booster. I have had this happen to me & it drove me nuts until I found it.

There is one other component in the system that you can check.  It's the brake proportioning valve for the rears.  It is something to check, but if no leaks and pedal goes to floor, I think Mike65's suggestion makes most sense.  You may need to pull the booster and see it if has fluid in it.  If you put the pedal to the floor fluid is leaking past some seal somewhere.  if you do that several times does the fluid level go down, or stay same?  If it stays same, I think it would have to mean master has a seal that is not working.  If fluid level is going down, it must be going into the booster.