Sign in to follow this  
69Mach1 M code

California Ford Dealership Sticker

Looking for some details related to a rather unique item. I'm planning on having a dealer sticker made for a Mustang sold by Warren - Anderson Ford in Riverside, CA in the late 60's. The dealership is still there but has been renamed Fritts Ford. It's a serious long shot but, hoping someone on the forum in the CA area knows of a survivor car, has some old photos, etc. that would provide some details on the dealer sticker. I've already contacted the dealership for old records but no luck yet.

Yes, I was referring to the sticker or emblem that was located either on the rear tail light panel or bumper that advertised the dealer. 

I had the same idea about a license plate frame and sure enough, there was one on eBay. $150 is a little steep though. Looks like I'll be spending some time on CAD to model a replica.

I'll be following along. I've had a similar idea ever since my sticker disintegrated during the restoration, despite my attempts to save it. I'm fortunate that I've at least seen it and was able to photograph it. Coppola Ford was in Fairfield, Connecticut.

You might try googling the dealership name for old newspaper ads, they often included the dealer's logo. If there's a local historical society, you can reach out to see if they have any old photos that might include a car or a shot of cars at the dealership. Good luck!

CoppolaFord.thumb.jpg.a3bd5d804a72a029f60074fc954e95ec.jpg

Keep checking ebay for your plate frame. I had to in order to find one at a reasonable price. I bought mine years ago for $50, and when checking after you started this thread I saw where a guy is making aftermarket frames for half what I paid. 

Screenshot_20230322-101639_Drive.thumb.jpg.aa9c1f29ceeed1dfe6d8c1d947f8ea82.jpg

On 3/20/2023 at 9:03 PM, 69Mach1 M code said:

Looking for some details related to a rather unique item. I'm planning on having a dealer sticker made for a Mustang sold by Warren - Anderson Ford in Riverside, CA in the late 60's. The dealership is still there but has been renamed Fritts Ford. It's a serious long shot but, hoping someone on the forum in the CA area knows of a survivor car, has some old photos, etc. that would provide some details on the dealer sticker. I've already contacted the dealership for old records but no luck yet.

A quick internet search and up pops a few leads about people associated with Warren - Anderson Ford past. These folks may be will ing to help you..

Before 1933 the dealership called "Johnson Motor Company" when it was bought by Warren Anderson and renamed Warren-Anderson Ford. Now the "Ford Warren-Anderson" company DBA Fritts Ford" is privately held/owned by Marie J. Fritts. Corporate Address: 8000 Auto Dr Riverside, CA, 92504-4118. Write her a letter asking for copies of the companies history. Worst that can happen is she ignores you letter or respectfully declines. What have you got to loose?

Maybe Jim Johnson, an auto dealer most of his life and whose father, Harold Johnson was affiliated with the old Warren-Anderson Ford dealership in Riverside, Try contacting him, he may be able to help.  

These sold on eBay some time ago. Keep us posted and good Luck!

image.png.26bba0180142fdd74fdd60fff02ad1fb.png

There is another one for sale, but it is pricey! https://www.ebay.com/itm/374323536073?hash=item57276be0c9:g:ojMAAOSwp8BjWf0q&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAABAH4ARnhGNtXiaAiBUW74NJlKAiw4tHAD4JemMhNNrRJWhR3D9gMtygl64fS3Y4Z2XqKn9ZkddOmgZX9DKYlliG52mi9M0BkPqLujxx71Uluac%2FSxD4Q0TISqRnUacVtSksiOGkQ4xocOGN7vBwpfDbrJFkLwaVMsmxFjBYgF39xtQFgLEyZkre74Z4kf9V6nr1GvFC1r%2BLzToP5GwgwSBd%2B9yK%2FzdGkOqX2DNb5JiF%2BB9LPs4uj3eG%2BIK5ZtELhZbGExQJe6Enx%2BNy7kpchm9IPWoA9OTIppy3AqzmH18iiabCTh64mvOrSeekY1t%2FH1x67kqoPEiPo4e1PxdX%2FxOXk%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9Tr17_hYQ

On 3/21/2023 at 6:04 PM, 69Mach1 M code said:

Yes, I was referring to the sticker or emblem that was located either on the rear tail light panel or bumper that advertised the dealer. 

I had the same idea about a license plate frame and sure enough, there was one on eBay. $150 is a little steep though. Looks like I'll be spending some time on CAD to model a replica.

Years ago a guy on another forum asked  if I could reproduced a dealer bumper sticker for him. So he gave me the picture on the left of the one on his bumper and I recreated the image filling in the damgaed areas and we had them printed.

IMG_1457.jpg