Sign in to follow this  
lalojamesliz

Anyone looking for a 1969 fastback?

Bout a year ago I was following an auction of a 69 fastback still sitting in a shed that needed, well... everything. When it sold for $14.5k I just shook my head. 

I am in the market for another 69 mach 1 project and have been watching prices a good bit lately.  I didn't see anything in the ad that said Mach 1 so I assume it is a sportsroof. Yes that is way to high I have seen sportsroofs in the last few weeks in this condition or better for around 12 or 13k. I bided on a 69 R code on ebay  a couple of weeks ago  a lot of body work already done and was in primer it needed paint and assemble and the interior restored. Had the 428 C block but not the heads (not original to the car but was a 69 date code that had been machined and all new parts just needed to be assembled. The 9 inch track lock was completely rebuilt and painted. I didn't see this ad on ebay until it had only a few hours left, I bided 25k on it and had the high bid for 24k. By it being on ebay and site unseen I got cold feet and pulled my bid the last few seconds to go. The reserve had been meet to, so it was mine and I chicken out. Turns out everything was legit, I'm still kicking myself.