RPM

ZZZzzz...

Wake up fellers! Just a bit slow on here eh?

Finally got my Quick Fuel 680cfm vacuum secondaries (Holley based) carb dialed in real nice. Was having a stumbling issue at WOT, not that I do that even close to a regular basis. But it bugged me never the less.

Started by increasing the jet sizes on the secondaries without any effect. Then increased the primaries without any effect. After doing some reading and calling a few guys, I increased the the power valve from 6.5, which Holley says is correct from their math, to a 9.5. 

The motor never performed better. Butt, the afr at highway cruise was way low at 12.5. Swapped in an 8.5 and all is well. Great afr numbers at idle, acceleration, and, WOT. Know how my Mustang likes to change on its own, so knows how long this will last. 

I run a Holley 3310-1 on my 428.   Car/motor w/manual stock 4 speed and 3.25 rear gear runs pretty good at all speeds.  Congratulations on the fix.  Carbs can be tricky to dial in. What bugs me?  6.5 mpg.  Sometimes I feel like doing something about it.  Then I remember; " if it ain't broke ".  Brian

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Wake up fellers! Just a bit slow on here eh?

Finally got my Quick Fuel 680cfm vacuum secondaries (Holley based) carb dialed in real nice. Was having a stumbling issue at WOT, not that I do that even close to a regular basis. But it bugged me never the less.

Started by increasing the jet sizes on the secondaries without any effect. Then increased the primaries without any effect. After doing some reading and calling a few guys, I increased the the power valve from 6.5, which Holley says is correct from their math, to a 9.5. 

The motor never performed better. Butt, the afr at highway cruise was way low at 12.5. Swapped in an 8.5 and all is well. Great afr numbers at idle, acceleration, and, WOT. Know how my Mustang likes to change on its own, so knows how long this will last. 

You know I'm going to bug you to help me dial in my carb right? Hahaha 

Ponderosa lodge burned down ,a propane tank exploded ! 

Reservation road up to Eagle Mountain cassino is totally washed out so they are shut down for who knows how long .

Camp Nelson is totally washed out ,my aunt lives there. 

The road to Balch park is a total mud slide .

The whole back side of Lindsay is flooded and so is a lot of Porterville .

Highway 99 has flooding in several areas .

We have another big storm tomorrow that is supposed to dump anywhere from 2 -3 inches so that is going to ad to it a bunch !

Our flooding has receded about 10 feet from the marker i hammered in yesterday but with what is coming tomorrow it just may make it in the shop again .

Red cross helicopters have been flying over all day taking supplies to the mountain communities that really got hit hard  ,going to be an interesting next couple of days .

23 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Ponderosa lodge burned down ,a propane tank exploded ! 

Reservation road up to Eagle Mountain cassino is totally washed out so they are shut down for who knows how long .

Camp Nelson is totally washed out ,my aunt lives there. 

The road to Balch park is a total mud slide .

The whole back side of Lindsay is flooded and so is a lot of Porterville .

Highway 99 has flooding in several areas .

We have another big storm tomorrow that is supposed to dump anywhere from 2 -3 inches so that is going to ad to it a bunch !

Our flooding has receded about 10 feet from the marker i hammered in yesterday but with what is coming tomorrow it just may make it in the shop again .

Red cross helicopters have been flying over all day taking supplies to the mountain communities that really got hit hard  ,going to be an interesting next couple of days .

Thinking of you mate. We've got similar issues down hear. Its no fun but can't last forever.

They just evacuated the back side of porterville up by the lake ,they are afraid the dam will let go ,water is going over the spill way . 

Water went down a bit here yesterday and came right back up again last night ,and the idiot next door still hasnt even looked at what he has caused !

Just got back from porterville ,went the back way over lewis hill ,water running over the road across from the old dump . I went that way because orange belt has detour from flooding ,i went the back way yesterday and water wasent close to going across the road but last night's rain did it .

They are evacuating homes along the river just after the spill way today .